Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Canadian Vampire Queen


Most of us have heard of Nancy Kilpatrick because she wrote The Goth Bible. Did you know she has a new novel coming out and it will be part of a series?

I am very fortunate to have been given an advance copy of her latest novel, The Revenge Of The Vampir King for an honest review. The official release date for a digital copy  is February 1st, 2017 but you can pre-order now. If you prefer a printed copy, this will be available in April.

Revenge Of Vampir King is the first part of the Thrones Of Bloods series  You can expect sometime later this year, the second book, Sacrifice Of The Hybrid Princess to be released.

It has been a while since I have read a vampire novel and I am very pleased I was given this privilege. Nancy, created a wonderful story in which it was often very difficult to pry myself away from. While in the beginning, you will most probably detest some of the characters, you also love them at the same time. This is not your every day vampire story and if you are looking for sparkly vampires, you certainly wont find any here! In fact, there are some pretty detestable things both the humans (or as Nancy brilliantly calls them, Sapiens) and vampiri do.

In the novel, humans and vampires are at war and centers around Moarte, the King Of The Vampiri who was taken prisoner by the Sapiens and brutally tortured by the human princess, Valada. Somehow, despite all this, Moarte manages to escape his captives and plots his revenge against the princess.

In turn, Valada is then captured by the Vampiri. As much as Moarte would like to kill her, he comes up with a plan to manipulate the princess in order to achieve his goals. The plot thickens and both become adversaries towards a common goal: both want revenge. Not only do the both them manipulate each other in order to achieve this goal, both want control over the other. This is not your every day cat and mouse story either, there is lots of erotica in between!

I really do recommend this novel and hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

You can pre-order the novel here

I also highly recommend Nancy's blog. She writes about many subjects, such as going to the ballet,   Danse Macabre and meeting Forrest J. Ackerman. You should really go send her some love!

11 comments:

  1. "Vampiri" and "Sapiens" -- great terminology! I'm going to check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the king's name unsettling because in Romanian words have genders and the word "moarte" (meaning "death", of course) is feminine. Since many, if not all vampire myths are connected to Romania, I feel vampire story authors should do a little more research than typing "death" into Google Translate. I saw something similar a while back where there was a single Romanian sentence in the whole book and they couldn't bother to check with someone who speaks the language, it had a couple of grammar errors and some typos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why that would annoy you but since I don't speak German, I thin it is really cool that the author used the name Moarte. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I guess

      Delete
  3. Oops, I thought this was someone else's blog with a similar design, I discovered yours a few days ago and read it in silence. I certainly didn't intend THAT to be my first comment! Book discussion aside, I appreciate what you're doing on this blog and I loved all your parenting posts. I can't stand children, but I'll have to be a goth aunt in a few months and your example is very helpful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Now everytime you are comment, I am going to think oh no, not her again! Just teasing :p Everyone is entitled to an opinion, no worries. I have gotten worst comments in the past. Congrats to becoming an aunty. I am an aunt myself and the best part of it all is that the kids go home at the end of the day!

      Delete
    2. Ugh.. I knew I shouldn't comment until I had my coffee! *Every time you comment*

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an interesting read might have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the Goth Bible a few years ago to learn from well-learnt serious people on the topic. I don't really like horror novels. I prefer watching vampires on TV LOL.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...