Thursday, January 19, 2017

How I get away by sneaking chocolate every day and how you can be sneaky too!


Found off of Pinterest

If you have been reading my blog, you know that I have lost a little over 20 pounds since last summer. I have not done this overnight. I just simply changed the way I view things and made some adjustments to my lifestyle.

When I wrote my post about losing 20 pounds and dished out that I didn't have an eating disorder, I also wrote "So folks, if this chocoholic can do it, so can you!"

Fellow blogger, Lesthi asked "What is your secret to stop eating chocolate though? I couldn't do that, haha!"

Recently, a coworker (Hi Nancy!) asked me something similar.

The thing is, I eat chocolate every single day. Yes, you read that right. Every single day.I never really gave it up, I just learned to be creative (I prefer the term sneaky) about it and let me tell you how you can be sneaky too!

When I first started with this lifestyle change, I learned real fast on how I can not give up certain indulgences. For me, that means coffee and chocolate. I need to keep my sanity! Besides, I knew that I would eventually have a bad day, I would go for chocolate and totally gorge on it because I depraved myself on something I love for so long. I knew that all the hard work I did would be ruined because I would go back to my old habits. The video clip below, taken from a Scooby Doo episode describes this perfectly. I am just like Daphne!



 I learned to find a way to still enjoy the things I love but still be healthy about it too. You all don't want me to pull a Daphne, now do you? Told you, sneaky sounds better now, doesn't it? Forbidden things always seem better because well, they are forbidden. For me, that's chocolate. This is what I have done to be sneaky whenever I become "Cou-Cou for Cocoa Puffs"! It has been six months and I have not fallen back into old habits so I guess I am doing something right! So here are my tricks and hopefully you can adapt your own creative sneaky way too

In the beginning, I would buy an Aero bar, break off two pieces, crumple it up,and mix it with yogurt. I ate one chocolate bar in a week vs a daily chocolate bar that way.

I used to NEVER eat breakfast in the morning and this is the WORST thing you can ever do to yourself. It is true what they say, breakfast is the best meal of the day. The thing is, I am so not a morning person. Whenever I do eat in the morning, I get nauseous and sick. I realized that I can drink coffee, right? Why not chocolate milk? In fact, I look forward to it. This works for me and it is better than having an empty stomach, I usually snack mid-morning if I do get hungry later on. Seriously, I have chocolate for breakfast!

Chocolate milk is my go-to after an intense workout. Forget the protein shakes or eggs. I hate eating after a work out anyways! Besides, why do you think I am motivated to workout? I get chocolate afterwards!!!!In fact, many articles, such as this one states that it helps with your body's recovery after a work out!!! Bring it on!

This dork over here has 3 nice jugs...get it? Haha!

Aside from breakfast and post-workout drink, if I am really craving a chocolate fix, I would measure 1/2 cup of chocolate milk and 1/2 cup of Almond milk (I buy the fortified, sugar free) There is less sugar and calories this way and it tastes like a chocolate Fugiscle! I won't replace my breakfast milk or post workout milk with chocolate almond milk  because there is a little more nutrients in regular cow's milk but this is more of a personal preference.

I still eat a small piece of chocolate cake every now and then. Seriously. It's chocolate cake! Fuck that shit. I would have to be REALLY sick to pass on chocolate cake! Besides, I would be one pissy Sylvie if I didn't get my daily dose of caffeine and chocolate. I just don't eat a ginormous piece anymore.

Eating healthy doesn't mean you have to give up everything you enjoy eating. Anything is fine, as long as it is done in moderation. It also enables me to think a little about the portions I eat and it allows me to be a little creative (re: sneaky) with food. Aside from the occasional little piece of dark chocolate (70% cocoa) I don't think I could eat a full chocolate bar anymore. It's just too sweet for me. Over time, my palate has changed and I crave less sugar. In fact, if something is too sweet, I tend to not really want to eat it!

13 comments:

  1. Hi dear Sylvie!! Really enjoyed reading this!! Keep it Up so we can both rocks fabullous new corsest and be proud of ourselves at the next Gothic picnic!!! See ya!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you! I am glad you enjoyed reading this! I agree, we need to rock those corsets! I think this is one of the main reasons (aside from busy and getting lots of migraines) that I don't go out. My clothes didn't fit me really well. So here's to feeling good in a corset! Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Very clever strategy and clearly it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. LOL, thanks. I enjoy all 3 of them :)

      Delete
  4. You made me laugh... and that's a hard thing today here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I was able to make you laugh. I am so, so sorry with what is going on the US.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Sylvie. I appreciate that.

      Delete
  5. I don't like the combination of chocolate with joghurt, but I agree on everything else in the text. I simply eat dark chocolate were I can limit myself to one of two pieces. But a day without chocolate is a wasted one! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, a little every day is better than depriving oneself completely. I used to have a box of expensive confectionary chocolates, and would eat one or two every day. They are so rich (and expensive) that I could not bring myself to eating any more. I would actually take the time to sit down and enjoy the flavours and textures of eacj piece, rather than just stuffing my self with whatever cheap chocolate bar I could find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, thank you for answering my question. I love that strategy :D And also, I have been reading a lot lately that chocolate infact makes you smarter if you start your mornings with it, so I'm thinking you are making a very wise choice. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...