Friday, November 4, 2016

Weight loss update - 15 pounds lost

Yes, that's right folks! So far, I have lost a total of 15 pounds!

I thought that a little update on how I have been doing with my whole weight loss journey so far.

I swim twice a week at an indoor pool near my house. I can go swimming more often at the Y as they have more available free swim times but I went there once. It was over crowded (tons of kids too) and they played horrible music on the PA system. I refuse to go back. The place I like to go swimming is in a local High School right near my house. The same regular people go there and I have even managed to make friends. Also, it is never over crowded, there's no horrible music being blasted over a shitty PA system and children are not allowed to go. I don't mean to come off as discriminatory but I go work out as a way to get away from my child and besides, there's different swim times for them. They can scream all they want when it's their turn! 

With the cooler temperatures, walking and running outside is not very appealing for me. Especially when I got a cold last week and had to put my exercise on hold. As a result, I purchased an elliptical! I can now work out indoors and not freeze my ass off!

Using an elliptical is pretty intensive and I am building up my stamina! I try to use this puppy for about 5 to 15 minutes a day. It is not much but I am still out of shape and it gives me a pretty hardcore workout!

I guess I am doing something right because I see my body changing every day. My coworkers have even took notice.  My clothes are feeling loose on me. There were a couple of weeks where the scale didn't really drop down as fast as it used to and I have decided to not weight myself so much (ie every day) because it is depressing. Not wanting to let anything get me down or hold me back, I started to focus on how my body is changing and how my clothes fit on me instead of a number on a scale. A couple of years ago, I bought a belt that was too small and it fits! I have an old pair of jeans that I can put on or take off without having to undo the button or zipper! I still am not buying any new clothes as I don't see a point but have opened up a new bank account to put some wardrobe money aside towards a shopping spree in a couple of months! This is also motivating me to stay on track.

Here's to summer bikinis, new clothes, and a healthier lifestyle! Hear, Hear!


 July 2016                                                                            October 2016
 

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're losing in a safe and healthy way. I won't flag the "you don't need to lose" flag. It's up to each and everyone, as long as people don't fall into extreme (which is obviously not your case). so congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I went to see a doctor before I started this and it was confirmed that I needed to lose weight

      Delete
    2. good luck keep up the good work!

      Delete
  2. Well done so you've lost a stone congratulations you look great Judging from the pictures I would say weight it most notible difference on you stomach. area. You look like your simular shape to me. Carry most of my weight on my hips and tummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Most of the weight went on my thighs, hips and tummy. Losing weight on the thighs is really hard. This is why I swim and bought the elliptical. I noticed a very slight difference there but yeah, my tummy is flat now. Thanks for noticing.

      Delete
  3. Lookin' awesome and I'm glad to hear you are feeling awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...