Monday, November 21, 2016

Cause creepy girls do it best

I would like to begin by apologizing for the lack of posts. I have been busy. Going forward, my goal is to try to write something once a week but if I can manage, it will be twice a week. It seems doing three posts a week is not really feasible for the time being because I am having trouble juggling everything going on in my life at the moment.

Another reason for my lack of posting is that I am in the process of no longer colouring my hair black and am letting it grow out.. My dark blonde is growing in fast and I have two-toned hair. I have also stopped cutting my bangs. My hair is also very hard to tame. I don't know if it is the chlorine from the pool (I swim twice a week) but my hair is very big. I tried to tame it but quite frankly, I am tired of wasting my time on it.

I think it is official. I am officially an elder goth. I no longer feel the need to dye my hair black in order to obtain goth cred. I am at the point, I am also done with wasting time on my hair, done with spending money on products that make my hair super oily just to sort of tame it. I just don't give a fuck anymore and I completely lost patience. I have decided that my big hair last summer looked cool and I want to keep it that way.Work seems OK with it so I think I am good.



Last summer

Recent two-toned hair.

I have taken to watching a show called Ink Master. I record each episode and fast forward through all the drama .It also gives me the opportunity to stare at the host, Dave Navarro!

 The show is about a tattoo competition where each contestant is given a challenge to complete and they have a certain amount of time to tattoo their artwork on these human canvases. Yes, people (known as human canvases) actually sign up for free tattoos! Some leave happy, some not so much. For those interested, the show is on Spike.

In this season, I am hoping Kelly Doty wins the competition. I admit, I am biased here. I am pretty sure the girl is goth, she is also super cute and funny. I love her sarcasm and she is super talented. Her tattoo style is new school. I admit I never really liked the style until I have seen her artwork because does creepy people! By glancing at her Facebook page, I noticed she did a Beetlejuice tattoo and an Edgar Allan Poe one!  She lives in Salem and I have seen footage of her hanging out in a cemetery. I would love to be friends with her. We are very similar style wise and personality. I get it, this is all nice and stuff but if you are unfamiliar with the show you must be wondering what does this have to do with my hair? Well you see, another thing I admire about Kelly is her hair. She has cool hair and in fact, I took inspiration from her when it comes to my own mess of hair. Long gone are the days of a clean beautiful coif. I think I have always stressed at taming my hair because I wanted a "professional" appearance. Screw it. It will take less time to get ready in the morning. Thank you, Kelly for the inspiration. I shall call this new style "plug" as I am sure it will often look like I stuck my finger in one. Long gone are the days of trying to tame my unruly hair. Fuck it. I'm done! I have always been a bit of a traditionalist myself. I listened to punk before goth and despite how my style has evolved over the years, I am still a trad goth at heart.

Taken from her Twitter. Isn\t she just adorable?


Sample of her artwork. Taken from her Facebook page

For me personally, getting tattooed isn't just about getting a beautiful piece of artwork on my body but if the person tattooing me is an ass, the experience itself wouldn't be memorable. I don't want to think about the negative experience I had with the tattooer every time I look in the mirror.

This is why I plan on going to Salem in the future (not only to enjoy the scenery) but to get one of her creepy girls tattooed on me! I would love to meet her!



5 comments:

  1. Cool, I know feeling my blog taken bit of nose dive as I've been busy or just feeling logethic. This what I love blogging for is we can take ir leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ink Master, despite all the bitchy men in it! Haha! Dave is pretty gorgeous! I think I'm a couple of seasons behind though!

    Awesome that you are embracing your natural hair! It wants to be wild and witchy, clearly :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, Sylvie, you look like a doll with this big, wild hair, that I am absolutely not jealous of...not in the slightest...:P Nah, seriously, it looks awesome^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't apologize, you owe us nothing. We are the privilaged ones that get to hang out here and be entertained and educated every week. And if you need a break, we will still be here when you get back.
    Big hair is very old school goth. I have the exact opposite problem that no matter what I do my hair just hangs straight down. I've tried to have big trad-goth hair, but it just goes limp. Good luck on you big hair, and I look forward to seeing more pictures of it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...