Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The second time around - color oops

To follow up from my previous post, I decided to purchase ANOTHER bottle of Color Oops and it got rid of more black! I think this product would work better for newly dyed hair. You know like you dyed it a color but it didn't turn out the way you anticipated. I have a build up of black dye in my hair and it wasn't something that I did recently. The fact that I am getting results surprises me!

I would like to note a few things that I failed to mention in my previous post:

- This works on dyed hair. It is not a bleach. It will not make your hair go lighter unless you have hair dye over it.

- This product cannot change your hair back to it's natural color if you bleached your hair or put highlights in it. It doesn't work that way

- This product dried out my hair a little but it is no where near as harsh as bleach. My hair was already dry to begin with and I will most probably get a trim in the foreseeable future to cut off the dead ends.

- You do need to rinse your hair for 20 minutes when it is time to remove the product. I did not do this the first time around but still got results. I believe that I got better results the second time around because I wasn't being a dumb ass  and I actually fully read the instructions!

The top seems to be lighter but the ends are still black but its a nice change. 

Anyways, here are the recent results:


10 comments:

  1. Maybe you can have a blonde to black ombré. It's looking pretty good. I used a colour stripper once and it didn't really work for me maybe because it was bright colours. The smell was choking! I heard dandruff shampoo helps fade hair too but not sure if it works on black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about that too and dishsoap apparently helps get rid of colour but is super hard on your hair

      Delete
  2. I guess the roots are always gonna be lighter, like you said, there is a buildup of black dye on your hair, but you there are less layers of it on your roots. I used a very creatively named product called 'Hair Color Remover', that works similarly to Color Oops and I got great results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I heard of the Hair Color Remover product too but there is bleach in it so I opted for Color Oops

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, I don't think my natural color is this auburn but there is a natural red pigment in my hair

      Delete
  4. Your hair looks awesome :) Healthy, natural and it´s got a vintage kind vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks very good Sylvie - I love your natural color. Such a beautiful, rich chestnut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, It is really weird because I don't recall my natural color being this color but there are definitely red pigments in my hair. That's OK I take what I can get. maybe as I age, my hair changes? When I was younger, I was REALLY blonde but it darkened over time. The same with my son's hair. Oh well, I like it and I am excited to see what happens next.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...