Thursday, October 27, 2016

Halloween movies I like to watch

Halloween is right around the corner and I am pretty excited! I thought it would be fun to share some of the movies that I enjoy to watch this time of year.

(1) The Halloween movies- cliché, I know but I love Mike Myers and despite the unpopularity of the Third Halloween installment, Season Of The Witch, I like that one very much. I understand that most people affiliate the Halloween movies with Michael Myers and he is not featured in the third movie but I think this is an excellent film nonetheless. The jingle for the Halloween masks are super catchy too (I dare you to go on Youtube and watch). A couple of years ago, Rob Zombie remade the first two movies. While I think they are really good and I do appreciate Rob's filmography, I prefer the originals.


This is where I got the image


(2) Friday The 13th movies - I never tire of these movies. I still jump at the end of the first one. Jason is awesome!

This is where I got the image

(3) Hellraiser - I love Pinhead. He has such sights to show me!

This is where I got the image


(4) The Ring - I head about this movie from a Japanese friend before it came out. The idea of watching a videotape and it killing you seven days later, terrified the shit out of me. Apparently, the movie was based off of a Japanese novel called Ringu. I saw both the US and Japanese version and I prefer the Japanese one. Samara still scares the shit out of me!


This is where I got the image


(5) The Hunger - David Bowie, Peter Murphy in the opening scene and Vampires. Need I write more?
Image found on Pinterest

(6) The Howling movies - You know, these movies came out before CG right? I love the use of prosthetics.

Image from IMBD.com

Now for the 'fluffy' Halloween stuff I like:

(7) I have a soft spot for It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. I passed down this tradition to my little one and we look forward to watching it every year.


from my tv!

(8) Another non-horror but it scared me when I was little. The Garfield Halloween Special with the ghost pirates.

Image from Wikipedia.com

(9 The animated Disney version of Sleepy Hollow. I watched this as a kid and the scene where Ichabod was going over the bridge scared the crap out of me when I was little!

This is where I got the image


(10) Jaws - I know it's not horror or Halloween related but I am terrified of sharks. I don't care where I am. Be it a bath, pool or lake and if you were to scream shark, I would be running out of the water.

image from wikipedia

(11) Bonus - Due to fear of sharks...Deep Blue Sea. Sharks with intelligence. I actually screamed and accidentally punched my ex boyfriend during one of the jump scenes. For those who have seen this movie, you know which one! My mom, who is hard of hearing, heard me scream and she was in our basement while I was in my room on the main floor.

Taken from Wikipedia



*off topic - I have been sick all week. I apologize for my lack of posting as well as for my change in posting schedule . I normally try to post on Mondays, Wednesdays and occasionally on Friday. If I go MIA, it is because I am trying to recuperate. I had plans for this weekend but I had to cancel. I wanted to see VNV Nation last night but didn't go. At least I can watch some of these horror movies I mentioned! Obviously, I will wait until my little one is asleep first. My goal is to be recovered 100% for Monday!*

What are your favourite things to watch this time of year?


3 comments:

  1. Aaaw, get well soon^^ We're going to do a Tim Burton marathon this year, because my boyfriend has not seen classics like The Nightmare Before Christmas or corpse Bride...seriously, who am I living together with?! :'D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you have to get him to watch those! Happy movie marathon!

      Delete
  2. I love The Hunger but the other horror movies are too scary. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...