Monday, October 17, 2016

Color Oops review

image taken from Amazon.com

Getting black hair out of hair is nearly impossible. I will not bleach my hair but I did try Color Oops instead.  This product is supposed to get rid of dyed hair and revert your hair back to it's natural colour. I have read mixed reviews online.

 My expectations were not too high but I am still quite impressed with the results. My hair is lighter - pretty much my natural colour in certain places but there is still a lot of black left. I might try this product again to see if I can get rid of the remaining black but I was pleasantly surprised to see some of the black go. If you do plan on using this product, be prepared for a bad smell. In fact, it smells like those home perm kits my mom used to buy in the eighties. Do you remember that rotten egg smell??? Blech! I suggest to burn scented candles or incense BEFORE using this product. Rinse your hair well with a strong smelling conditioner afterwards. My hair had an odor  for two days! Be forewarned.

The product probably came from The Bog Of Eternal Stench! Disclaimer: Any visions of David Bowie in those tight trousers are purely hallucinogenic in nature!!!!









After - outdoor shot so you can see the results better



**** Off topic, if you have not seen the link I shared on this blog's Facebook page, a fellow blogger, Jessica from Chronically Vintage needs our help! Both her and husband recently lost all their belongings (except for the clothes on their backs, wallets, and dog) in a fire. It is really sad what happened to them. Yes, she may not be a goth blogger but she is a HUGE source of inspiration for me and I have had the privilege to get acquainted with this beautiful person. If you have read her post, she gives us details on what we can do to help her. I will be making some donations and my lovely colleagues at work will be helping me too*****

8 comments:

  1. Heck! It really does smell grim, doesn't it!?
    Your hair's looking good :)

    (so awful to read about Chronically Vintage, all that she's lost, and her missing cat )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I feel so bad for poor Jessica!

      Delete
  2. When I was a kid, I remember liking the smell of home permanents or "Toni's" as they were called. I was always a little weirdo, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That's true! I totally forgot they were called Toni's!

      Delete
  3. My mother doesn't want to risk bleaching my entire head when I finally get my hair dyed blue. She'll must likely only bleach the ends. I wonder if I can use this product instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would only work if you already have hair dye in your hair, otherwise, it wont work.

      Delete
  4. That stuff works pretty well! I used it to strip out very dark, almost black, hair color from my hair. I did have to use two boxes. I waited two weeks between applications and made sure to do a hair mask in between applications so my hair was not as damaged.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...