Friday, September 16, 2016

Silly random thoughts of the week

A couple bloggers do a month in review or a week in review post on their blogs. I am far too boring to write about my week...well...except for this week. This week has been a long one and is an exception.  So here is my list (in no particular order) because despite it feeling like time is going by very slowly, it was an interesting week for me!

 (1) Discovered I lost 10.5 pounds. Yahooo!

(2)  Coffee is my best friend. Moreso than usual.



(3) Philip's first baby tooth came out. He got visited by the tooth faerie and was all excited the next morning to find a twoonie (Canadian two dollar coin, we don't have it in paper form anymore) under his pillow. It is so bitter sweet! He is no longer my baby bat.




(4) Philip got new glasses AGAIN. I swear, I have no clue what that kid does to them. Philip= El Destructo.


(5) Philip turned 6 and had a birthday party at the local cinema. We had a room reserved where we were able to have cake, we played in the arcades and got to watch the movie Kubo And The 2 Strings. I highly recommend you go see this movie as it has a beautiful story line but if you have wee ones, be forewarned, a lot of the kids were scared during certain scenes.

(6) Philip is doing MUCH better at school and I love his teacher. This is a HUGE improvement from last year's fiasco. I met the teacher on curriculum night which took place on Thursday. She teaches with an iron fist in a velvet glove. She is super cute but you don't want to fuck with her. Philip says that his teacher is a lot like his mommy. I like to think that I am cute but don't let people take advantage of me either so I take it as a huge compliment.

(7) It was Philip's first birthday where I didn't cry. I used to get emotional. This year, he wanted to be with his friends and it was draining. We are doing the family thing this weekend.


(8)  I hate people! People have been pissing me off a lot this week.



(9) Been busy with work and so many chores to do at home. Adulting sucks. Big time. But then I can have coffee. So all is good.

(10) Thanks to my coworkers who are very into sports, personal training and fitness, I learned that interval training is much, much better for weight loss and as a result, managed to cut my workouts down a little bit. That means more time to do other things (like watch Ink Master, Doctor Who, and Gilmore Girls)

(11) I got two new Pop figurines!


This is where I got the image since my photos didn't come out too nice.



This is where I got the image since my photos didn't come out too nice. 


(12) I have no patience this week and wish some people would just get to the point and get on with their story. Seriously, I could have told you all that in two minutes not five! Ain't nobody got time for that

(13) Coffee is my best friend. Totally worth repeating! I don't kill people that way :p Especially when it takes them twenty minutes to explain something simple (see 12 above). Ugh! I don't care that you woke up this morning, what you had for breakfast, just get to the fucking point! My mom has been driving me nuts lately with Philip's birthday and she is lonely, I guess.



(14) I got to babysit a dog for a few minutes at my work. Her name is Chloe and she is the cutest, sweetest thing in the world.


(15)  I am officially in the poor house due to kid going back to school, new glasses, his birthday, and all the school fees. I don't care. I still don't regret buying those Pop figurines and all the everyday home décor stuff (re: Halloween merchandise is in full swing at my local stores) You can never have too many skull mugs, stickers,pumpkin spice candles, various bric-a-brac and bats. I even looked at my recent bank transactions hoping to find a mistake but there was no mistake. It was all me. ALL ME!







4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that Philip is having more fun at school this year and has a strong teacher. And what an awesome birthday cake that is!!!

    I succumbed to the lure of a new coffee cup recently too. It's black with white lettering that says: "Good morning. I see the assassins have failed." It might just be my weird sense of humour but I think it's funny as hell. I laugh every time I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doggo is so cute!

    Yep, people in general ( not counting friends) can be pretty damn ewww!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaw, a Jareth pop figurine? So cute!^^

    You have no idea how much I can relate to that meme with the two reactions to going out...especially if you combine people with heat and sunshine...I had a terrible week...Happy birthday to Philip!^^

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...