Friday, September 23, 2016

More Skills To Pay The Bills

I referenced a World Of Warcraft achievement in my title like the big geek I am!

This blog is a hobby. I write from the heart. I write about things that people may not always agree with me on and some have left. That is OK. My main goal isn't to offend anyone but I am not going to pretend to be someone I am not to make people happy.

I write about the things that I am passionate about. In my "About this blog" page, I wrote: "... my main goal is to just write and enjoy myself. If I entertain you, make you laugh or even make new friends, lucky me!"

Now, the readers who have stuck around and seem to enjoy what they read, I obviously appreciate. Thank you for sticking by me. I also appreciate that some fellow bloggers have become my friend. I do honest reviews on products I have purchased for myself and my family because I believe this is something people can benefit from.

I will not do a product review on something I never purchased before.

It has happened quite frequently where a company would e-mail me. They would praise me, even go as far as to write that I am part of an "elite group of bloggers." The request is simple, I do a post about things I enjoy but I reference their company.

Usually, I am not familiar with these companies. I once very naively did a post for a certain company that I regretted later on and even apologized to my readers.

I get it. It is a cheap PR stunt in order to squeeze in free advertising.

That is another thing. This blog is my labor of love. If I do a blog post, even a sponsored one, rest assured, it would be something my readers could benefit from and something that I can personally, physically hold onto. In other words, no product, no money = no post. I am not going to write about something that I have no clue if the company is worthwhile to purchase from.

I have turned down sponsors because they offered me something that I know I will not like and most probably my readers would not enjoy either. It is a waste of time for both the sponsor and I.

I may not have 1000 followers and I may not get 1000 page views per day. I am cool with that. I like to think that I have a lot of very loyal readers who seem to enjoy reading my blog. I have received so many wonderful compliments that I am deeply touched. I hear a lot from fellow moms who tell me that I inspired them to dress goth again. I have given people courage to dress the way they want despite the fact that they should "grow out of it" or have offspring.  I will not sabotage that for the sake of potential "exposure" - Hell, I managed to piss off some readers well on my own, I don't need to give companies free advertising to do it for me!

With that Darklings, thanks for sticking by and for any new readers, welcome.


A virtual thank you cake. This is where I got the image

4 comments:

  1. Well, if you get sponsorship it's not a bad thing, but it have to be something that's either of a personal interests or aligns your blog. I find your blog interesting to read. I enjoy reading your blog it;s offer an interesting insight into the different regions of the world and goth. I'm a nosy bugger I like reading about people's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You be you! Quality not quantity! Whoot! Okay, I'm really, really tired so I sound like a goof. Thanks for just sharing your world with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, but you already knew that^^ I only have like 100 followers, but most of them never leaves a comment or any kind of feedback, so I guess they don't even read my posts...but that 10 - 20 people, who does makes up for it. :3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...