Wednesday, August 10, 2016

What I have been up to and something to add to my wishlist

I just want to begin by thanking everyone for their private messages, comments, etc this week. I am fine and my family is doing well. I have been very busy with my life. Things at work are very hectic and busy for me because people are on vacation and I am holding fort so to speak. In fact, even before people started going on vacation, things at work got busy. I am always reeling from crisis to crisis like a drunken sailor!

I am also an anxious person who is sometimes prone to depression. For those of you who have read my post about gaining weight and how I vowed I would not crash diet, well that has been going super well. I lost some weight, at a slow steady pace and I am eating better. Just like what I wrote in that post, I am doing this one day at a time, one pound at a time. I wanted to clear that up because I don't want anyone to get the impression that I am happy in my own skin because that is not true.

The funny thing in all of this is that I never ate so much in my life. I am just eating better things! In fact, I have become obsessed with personal fitness and food! I work out at least 5-6 times a week. If I am not at the pool swimming (I even found indoor swimming pools near my house that I can go to when the weather gets cold) I am jogging or walking or doing something active! Obviously, this new found hobby has affected my blogging and my personal life.

Whenever I was stressed or anxious or depressed, I would cocoon myself in front of my computer or TV and would just gorge on junk food. Now, I go out and I work off all that shit and I feel much, much better. In fact, someone can come to my face and tell me to fuck off and I would just smile at them!

So, my apologies for being a little distant with some of my close friends, family and with this blog. It is not because I wasn't thinking about you or that there is something REALLY wrong. I have had a lot of ups and downs this month - which I do not want to get into here but overall, I am happy and things could have been much, much worse. I am just learning to balance being a mom, a blogger, holding down a full-time job, a wife, and getting some much needed Sylvie workout exercising time in there too! It's nice to put myself first and have some me-time. It is amazing what a good workout can do for self-esteem and stress! I am just learning to juggle everything and ask that you be patient with me!

Now, for the addition to my 2016 wish list:  There is an article of clothing that popped up on social media from Necessary Evil that sparked my interest and I think some of you would appreciate. My funds are kinda low at the moment with Philip's birthday approaching AND back to school shopping,I don't really have much disposable income at this time. This is definitely on my radar and I will be buying it sometime in the near future. I don't know if buying this online would be worth it for me (shipping fees, UK conversion rates) but I may try scouring my local goth stores for it.

And if anyone of you buys this before me, just so you know, I will fly down there on my bat wings to steal it from you!
http://blog.katesclothing.co.uk/2016/08/necessary-evils-top-5-alternative-women.html
Yes, this is a replica of Lydia's cape top and I don't just want it.... I need it! My precioussssss!

Take care,

Sylvie


14 comments:

  1. I may have just spent my birthday money on cape-like tops so I totally understand! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds that you are in a good state of inspiration right now :)
    I admire people who got the spirit to do exercise, cause I probably never will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I told a coworker that this is something that you must REALLY want to do because you wouldn't stick with it otherwize. I am tired of not being happy with myself and living such an unhealthy, sedentary lifestyle!

      Delete
  3. Oh, it's important to make time for yourself and the things that make you happy, never apologize for doing that...! ^^ That cape thingy is absolutely gorgeous^^ I have a lace poncho kind of similar to this cape, but I have absolutely no idea where I could wear it...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! If I had a lace poncho life that, I would wear it all the time but I am fortunate that my work is easy going about certain things!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous top! I'm glad working out and eating well are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, eh! I wish I lived in the UK because shipping would probably cost the same as the top!

      Delete
  5. Thank you very much for the update, sweet Sylvie. You've been in my thoughts a lot this week. I'm so happy to hear that you and your family are all okay. Way to go on the awesome healthy lifestyle changes that you've been making.

    That cape is EVERYTHING! What an incredible piece. I really hope you're able to add it to your closet.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your thoughts, Jessica. i apologize if I made you worry. I am just busy.

      Delete
  6. nice to hear from you! hope you keep your moods up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate's Clothing tempt me waaay too much - that is gorgeous. They also have a very cute tee with a Lydia mugshot on that I keep eying up but I blew my budget at the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff. Which actually was rather enjoyable :)

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, sometimes we just need to reorganize our lives when we found something we like (be it a routine, hobby or whatsoever) you definitely will make it to that point wehere you know how to do organize all the things you want to do! <3
    And that cape top YES, I saw it on so many peoples wishlists already (probably would be longing for it as well if it was not lace *lol* i'm losing goth points here!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...