Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Shopping ban

My lovely online friend, Ramona from the blog, Just Keep Brains, wrote about a shopping ban that has been going on these days and it peaked my interest. Essentially, we are refraining from shopping for clothes but are resorting to DIY instead. We all know that I am in the process of a lifestyle change and I am working very hard at taking care of myself. Just like Ramona, I also support body positivity but I am not happy with the way I look (notice the lack of outfit posts?) and I am doing this for me. I decided to sign up for the shopping ban myself because I don't see the point in buying new clothes at this point when they might not fit me in a couple of months!

For the record and a little off topic, I do realize I am not a plus size girl and do not wish to market myself as such. I also do realize that "I am not that big" or "there are other people bigger than you" To be honest, I don't care if someone is bigger or smaller than me as long as they are happy in their own skin. I am not going to pretend to be someone I am not or be willing to promote an unhealthy lifestyle - which was something that I was doing.

This shopping ban, for me anyways is for clothes only. I will continue to buy some cosmetics when mine run out. I  can use more accessories and shoes. I also plan on doing some Halloween shopping too since the stores in my area are already putting stuff out but I will NOT buy clothes for the time being. I might DIY but I don't have much time for that these days so I am not going to count my lucky stars on that one.





7 comments:

  1. I reward myself with a little gift every time I meet a weight loss goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good idea. Thank you for that suggestion!!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love love love this challenge! I was on a shopping break last spring for a couple of months. Should do that again :D Does thrift shopping count? I am interested in clothing DIY as we speak, like modifying shirts and jackets into a new form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know about thrifting but yet if you want to thrift and not buy new clothing, I think that is an excellent idea. It is sustainable and inexpensive. I am unfamiliar with the rules but in all honestly, why color between the lines? If you want to thrift, thrift away!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with all your goals and projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck :-D Please let us know how it works for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...