Monday, July 11, 2016

New shirt, old skirt, positive outlook and a wardrobe malfunction

I thought this outfit looked nice and wanted to show it off!

The top is new but the skirt is not. I wore this for work on Friday. The skirt is short but I have shorts underneath which is why I think I have more of a "muffin top" than I normally would. Be careful when layering clothes!

Speaking of "muffin tops," originally, I looked at these pictures and thought "oh shit, I look fat" but then I decided so what? We see so many images of very skinny models (alternative and mainstream) that I wanted to show that I am far from having the "perfect" body. I want to show my readers that I have flaws, that in my own way, I am beautiful.

Yes, I am losing weight  and I did lose a lot of it but I am struggling. I would much rather celebrate what I have accomplished and to continue to take care of myself than by feeling sorry for myself.

In the end, as much as I was originally ashamed of these photos, I am damned proud. I am one bad ass woman! I carried a baby to term and as a result, I don't have the same body I used to! I am happy and that is important. I much rather have a few little lumps on  me than being that bag of bones I used to be when I was younger.

Sometimes we need to cherish the body we have vs the body we want.

When my husband sees me, he sees a beautiful woman.

When my son sees me, he sees his mom and he tells me that I am beautiful too.

When my friends see me, they see a friend who is willing to be there for them.

I will not starve myself in order to conform to someone else's beauty standards. One day at a time. One pound at a time.








24 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous and have the absolute best, most badass attitude, which just amps up the beauty factor even more so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thank you for reminding us of this message. <3

    I always wear shorts under my dresses and skirts now. I'm just not very lady-like I'm afraid ;) Better to have layers than to flash my stuff everywhere ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I used to be ladylike but then I became a mom. The concept of TMI can go out the window at times so its safer that way! You are most welcome for the reminder!

      Delete
  4. Put on some pants, you hussy! *waves cane*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is a pretty outfit :) I use that shorts-trick too sometimes when it´s a windy weather :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes you dont know how many times I pulled a Marilyn Monroe :)

      Delete
  6. You look great! This is a great message!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post, and I think you look fab.

    I absolutely love your bag, by the way ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. The bag is from a company called Restyle.

      Delete
  8. That is indeed a cute outfit. I like the splash of red that sets off all the black. And I so agree that it's time the world celebrated real women's bodies, not some unrealistic image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it! I would see a corset or a waist cincher to give you an hourglass figure but otherwise there's nothing wrong with having curves and showing them off! I have seen enough damages caused by the search of extreme thinness among my friends and no one really want to be skinny thin. Which doesn't mean I do skinny shaming! Everyone their body shapes! The more variety the better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and even if she's bigger than you she can be a source of inspiration: http://www.sugar-darling.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to check this out! Thanks!

      Delete
  11. You look fabulous!!! Abd besides, beauty isnt only on the outside. You have beauty inside and out, and that my dear is the ultimate!!! Love you cuzzy!!! Keep being the wonderful person you are!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you for commenting cuzzy and I love you too <3

      Delete
  12. Oh, that's a pretty outfit and there's nothing to be ashamed of; in fact your outfit posts keep confirming my impression of you being some kind of a more lifelike, more human or more realistic version of Dita Von Teese...Lol, I don't even know if it makes sense...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww that is such a huge ass compliment. Dita is a huge inspiration to me! Thank you very much, Lynoire.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think all of us tend to see problems where others don't see them - You look great :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...