Friday, July 8, 2016

Bats and a maxi dress

This week has been hell. Work and my personal life was insanely busy and frustrating. It felt like I was reeling from crisis to crisis like a drunken sailor!

If you have read my previous post, Philip started summer (day) camp this week and it has been a disaster. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my lovely readers who took time out to answer my questions and for their input. I really appreciated your reassurance. You have no idea how much it meant to me and has made me feel more confident in my decision.

As a result, my outfits have been simple this week. It was very hot and humid out too and I just didn't feel like putting much effort on anything.

This morning I pulled out my Maxi dress. I have another use for it! If you remember this post, I pointed out it's many uses and I also wore the same dress for the Cure concert.

Just when I thought I ran out of ways I could wear this simple dress, I decided to team it up with my new Hell Bunny Bat cardigan! I was quite warm in my very cool, sometimes overly air-conditioned office.

If you buy this cardigan, be careful, the buttons fall off easily but that is just a minor inconvenience!

I think I look nice despite the pressure I was under all week. In fact,  I may look like I have my shit together but in reality, I don't!

The evil sun is in my eyes






18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cardigan is damn cool! Both the front and back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Arrgh I made a stupid grammar mistake again)-So let´s try again.That haunted mansion print at the back is so cool~:) I did make those at samhain to my kid´s room doors from cardboard. They are still there, haha :) Nice cardigan indeed. Maxi dresses are very handy, just slip it on and you´re done. I´ve had most compliments from my clothes when wearing a specific chiffon maxi dress :) Never posted it, I should..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cardigan is adorable! I hope next week is better, both for you and your son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks still nice despite the bad things happening! and that cardigan is just sooooo cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cardi is stunning and you look effortless and lovely in it^^
    I was a bit behind on reading blogs lately, so I've just read your previous post about Philip's daycamp adventures...I hope he's doing better, but as a fellow introvert, I must admit, that the whole concept of any kind of summer camp still sounds like a nigthmare to me, sleepaway or not...I think you're doing the right thing trying to push him out of his comfort zone, because with this, he'll
    gain perspective on which he can base his decision on whether or not to quit. I wish these child camps were more understanding of the different personality types though and have options for introverted kids as well. It seems as though they were still thinking that being introverted is like a bad habit or sickness that can be fixed or you'll grow out of...:/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lynoire. That is very true. I got that impression too: that there is something wrong with him because he doesnt want to do what everyone else is doing. Sorry, I am not raising a sheep!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...