Wednesday, June 15, 2016

The Cure concert

If what I am writing doesn't make any sense, my apologies. I guess the many cups of coffee I consumed all day is not working. I had less than 5 hours sleep last night and I got up for work this morning but it was well worth it... because I went to see The Cure!

I wanted to wear something simple yet comfortable for work so I opted for my Maxi dress. Before leaving the office, I excused myself and re-applied my makeup. I went from simple to heavy eyeliner and replaced my dark burgundy lipstick for black. I decided to give the Stargazer black lipstick another try. Just like my last review, I was disappointed because it was hard to apply. Time to buy a better lipstick.

All I had to do when I got home was put supper in the oven, place my skull hand hairclip in my hair and add a corset. I never got ready for an event so quickly in my life! I think the longest it took me was choosing which corset I wanted to wear on top of my dress. My niece (also my babysitter) picked the purple one for me.

Clothing aside, here is a  little note about the concert:

The opening act, Twilight Sad was pretty good. They went a little too much on the reverb though but I liked some of their songs.

The set list was very diverse and I thought it was AWESOME!  I got emotional at certain parts because they played so many of my favourite songs!  It was nice taking a trip down memory lane. I never realized until the concert just how many songs by this band played a part in my life. I am very lucky to have grown up listening to The Cure! Can you believe I have been listening to this band for 20 years?

A friend of mine told me prior to the concert that the band will play for 3 hours. That's right. 3 hours! I can confirm this! It was one of the best 3 hours I spent in my life! If you have tickets and have not seen The Cure live yet, you are in for one hell of a treat! Thank you, Robert Smith for everything that you do!




On my way to the metro!



At the metro station. I am so excited. Squeee!  Fucking dream come true. I finally get to see the Cure. OMG OMG OMG sooooo excited! Wheeeee!

No... Not excited at all... Hahaha! I was trying to act like a "proper Goth" but screw you all! I am a perky goth. Always was and always will be and mitts off my goth card. It's mine, dam you. All mine!




Just take the damned picture, Jay,, hurry! The metro is coming! I have a date with Robert Smith!!!!!


15 comments:

  1. Dying with envy!!!! I would love to see The Cure live, I was looking at the schedule and sadly I can't see them this time :( You look like you were super excited and I completely understand. The other day I was playing oldies for the belly and the baby started kicking I hope that he was dancing. Lovely corset btw!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww cool! I remember doing the same thing with my son.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had fun! And I must say, that corset looks downright comfy, which is not something I associate with corsets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was not laced very tight at all. At first, I wanted my husband to lace it tighter but was grateful that he didnt. I think I would have passed out by the end of the night LOL

      Delete
  3. Loving the outfit, it's reminds me of The Craft. I like the addition of your corset, your niece has good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had an awesome time at the gig. Robert Smith is a legend ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was so nice to see one of my favourite bands play

      Delete
  5. First love the outfit! Second I feel bad that I did not know the Cure was still out and about. I have fond memories of the Cure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perky goth for the win! :) That's so me, too (okay, more like perky vintage with an inner goth soul). How absolutely exciting that you got to see the Cure in concert.

    Big hugs & happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cannot wait for the Aussie leg of the tour! You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look stunning! I got to see The Cure six years ago, and it was an amazing night. I was heavily pregnant at the time, so I had to leave all my corsets at home, and sew a maternity goth skirt instead. Now there is a market that noone has tapped into yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3 hours? Thank you for the warning, I guess I will not have any coffee then before seeing them in November in Stuttgart then XD btw, love the pictures :-D The cure for sure is an excuse to smile with all you got without losing goth points ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...