Monday, June 20, 2016

Outfit post: Heads will roll in this heatwave!

The weather has changed drastically over here. From comfortable fall-like temperatures, we are now getting very hot weather. Today was almost 40 degrees Celsius with the humidity. Yuck!

On Sunday, despite being father's day, Jay wanted to spoil me (after Philip showered him with homemade gifts and I made one of his favourite meals for brunch) so off we went to one of my favourite stores: Diabolik. I ended up buying two t-shirts and a cardigan. You will see them here, eventually. Yes, I know, I bought a sweater in the middle of a summer heat wave but I couldn't resist! It has bats on it! I brought Philip with me and he was completely smitten by the girl working there! He also picked out my clothes. Yes, he is 5 and has an opinion and is my very own fashion consultant! He chose this shirt because he likes Sleepy Hollow. Correction, he likes the Scooby Doo version of Sleepy Hollow and thinks the headless horseman is really cool. I must admit, the kid has good taste! I love the pumpkins and the frame around the image on this shirt!

The shirt is by Restyle, a European brand that I love but won't order online from. The prices are great but the shipping is astronomical so it is nice that Diabolik carries this brand. I also got my Restyle skull rib cage purse from the same store.

Here are some pictures of me. Look! I am melting! I feel like a plain black outfit today would be uninspiring.It also can be difficult to keep cool in this type of weather when you dress all in black so the image on the shirt spruces it up a little.

I wore this to work and no one said anything about the shirt so I think it is ok for the office. I wasn't so sure this morning! The only comment I did receive was from a well-meaning conservative co-worker who commented on the length of my skirt. I do admit that it is rather short and this is something I would normally wear with leggings in the winter.  

What do you say in these kind of situations? What can you reply? Do you just say thanks and walk away or admit to your wrong doings but then wouldn't that give the person added ammo to criticize the other things you wear? Well for me, in classic Sylvie style, I lifted my skirt up in order to reveal the shorts I was wearing underneath! I wish you could have seen the person's face! Ha!









14 comments:

  1. You look great. If it's hot, it's hot and it's better you be cool, comfortable and cute rather than a sticky hot mess.

    I love Restyle's tees - I have a couple (the Poe one being my favourite). I have also just bought some of their hair clips - a large bat and the phases of the moon which are awesome. Living in Europe I do get a decent postal rate from their site - it must be quite frustrating not to get that :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very lucky! I wanted the Poe one but they didnt have it there :( Boooooo!

      Delete
  2. You look sweet! I feel you on the international shipping. Whenever I buy something overseas (in the US), I pay about 50-60 dollars in shipping. Which is often more than the price of the garment/shoes. Plus I need to pay customs, which adds another 10-20 dollars if I keep my shopping under 120 Euros. This sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Its the same for me! It sucks big time!

      Delete
  3. I love that tee!!

    Send us a little sunshine, and I'll happily share some of this rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flashing your shorts to the coworker was brilliant, LOL! Nice tee too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yup. I have been working at the same place for a while so they are used to my quirks! Thank you, Debra!

      Delete
  5. Do´h, can´t even imagine those kinda temperatures. We had about +25 celsius here today and I was melting and feeling grumpy :D So, heath wave is coming here too, but luckily I´ll start my vacation on midsummer eve.
    I like your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your "reply" to their comment is perfect!!! <3

    I have never worked somewhere I could wear a cool outfit like that, so I am glad you make the most of being able to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Send me your heat, it seems everything 25+°C makes my painlevel shrink ^_^ BTW, whatever weather, if something has bats on it it is perfectly fine to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, right now it's 100.4°F over here, I'm dying...two weeks ago, it was still chilly and rainy, I wore sweaters and now I can't even stand an airy gown...I hate summer...:/

    You look cute, I love that t - shirt. Your way of handling the situation with that cowoker was smart. Cheeky, but smart; If I wore shorts, I would have done the same^^

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...