Monday, May 30, 2016

The skirt I got off of E-bay

I thought this skirt was a steal. It was about $10.00 on e-bay! It looked so good in the photos. A couple of weeks later, the skirt arrives. It resembles the photos but I didn't think it was made out of polyester. I try it on and it looks ok. I move it around and whoops! The zipper breaks! Good thing I was at home when it happened!

Alright, I got this skirt from China and it was on e-bay, I get it.  I am on a budget and I couldn't resist it. I thought about how versatile it could be and about all the outfits I could get out of this skirt. I can wear it to work or combine it with a pair of stripy tights or fishnets or something. I also thought it would look nice with one of my corsets and my stompy boots! Oooh the possibilities!

Instead of paying $30 to get it fixed by a seamstress, I called my mom. I told her how nice my husband, Jay was because after I told him my fat arse broke the zipper,  he replied: "it's not your arse dear, it must be a defective zipper." Jay is great like that!

My mom examined the skirt and told me "Jay was right. It was a cheap zipper, Sylvie" and I felt a lot better. My mom had no more black zippers but she went to the local fabric store and got me a good quality one that cost her a whopping $1.50! My mom put the zipper on for me and we were good to go. In fact, I wore this skirt all day and the zipper held! Hooray! I could lace the skirt up tighter if I wanted but I was paranoid of the zipper breaking again. Can you blame me?

This is what I wore to work today and I wore heels. I walked a lot. My feet were screaming but the platform sandals are so cute. Yes, the torture I put myself through and the sad thing is, I would do it again for the sake of fashion because I am a nutter like that! :








20 comments:

  1. Great skirt, looks good on you! And your mom sounds like mine; she made ALL our clothes when I was growing up, and she would have done exactly the same thing. Aren't moms great? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom did too and I agree, mom's are great :)

      Delete
  2. Haha I'm glad everything worked out and your mom could fix it! I always end up modifying clothes I get on a budget and they look better then they did when I got them! Hooray! <3

    http://looktheotherway.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am so lucky that I didnt pay more on repairs/mods than i did for the original article

      Delete
  3. It's a cute skirt! Glad your mom has mad sewing skills. Learning to sew basics is on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is on my list too. My mom wont be around forever

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes, e-bay quality ftw^^ But as far as zippers go, I almost always end up having to replace them, even on more expensive items...:/
    I love your outfit, it's really cute^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynoire. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one

      Delete
  5. Now I'm not sure if I commented or not. Love the high low hem. Cheap zips are the worst! It's not your butt :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think you did! I love the high low hem too.

      Delete
  6. Well, your Mom saved the day! It's a very cool skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have that skirt and I have to say it looks amazing on you and TERRIBLE on me! Glad your Mom could help you as I come across terrible zippers all the time....ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww darn. I am sure it looks good on you!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn but then again good you were able to get it fixed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...