Monday, April 11, 2016

Work and budget friendly makeup


I remember being afraid to over do things at my job, especially in the makeup department, yet I was never the one that did crazy makeup (aside from my early goth days when I looked like a mime but that is another story)

 As a working mom, I need to find articles that not only fit my tight budget but save precious time in the morning. I am one of those vain people who never leave the house without makeup unless I am really sick. If I am simply running to the store for a loaf of bread or something, I still put lipstick on!

 My hair is growing fast. I really love my Cleopatra cut and am unsure whether or not I should grow it out and make another donation to Locks of Love or chop it off! I do like the shoulder length on me. I sometimes tie it up and play around with it. Here is something I experimented with the other day. I like it.

I want to show everyone that while I may not do any extreme makeup styles, I stay true to my style and budget! I can't justify spending a large sum of money on a designer lipstick knowing that I have mouths to feed! I like to wear this to work. Simple yet elegant and not too much for me to handle first thing in the morning!






These are the products I used:



From top to bottom:

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Roller - The thingy in the green tube! Another working mom in your mid-thirties must have. I love this during allergy season too!

Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous under the eye concealer - I use this to help cover the dark circles under my eyes. I don't sleep enough (got to love kids, who needs an alarm clock, right?). This is my best friend.

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara - To me mascara is mascara. I really don't care about the brands. As long as it fits my budget.

Marcelle retractable eyeliner - I am assuming this is a store generic brand. I don't really care about eyeliners (which I use on my eyebrows) as long as they are retractable!

Rimell liquid eyeliner - Reasonably priced and goes on really well. It lasts all day and makes my blue eyes pop! I love this stuff!
 
L'Oreal BB cream #810 for pale skin - I have not seen this in pharmacies the past few months. I think it is discontinued. This rots my socks because I love this stuff. I bought 12 bottles of it at the L'Oreal sale (it was half price) and I am running out soon. What a shame. Some people use this as a cover up. I use it as a primer. It leaves my skin super soft and my makeup lasts all day. In fact, before I took these photos, I only re-applied some lipstick. I applied my makeup around 7am and the photos were probably taken around 6 or 7pm. This is close to 12 hours!

Stargazer dry pressed white foundation. I started using this two years ago and I have never looked back. I love this stuff! I often order from E-bay and was lucky enough to find this for about $10.00 Canadian (sometimes less) with shipping! I sometimes see other brands (such as Covergirl) on sale at the store for less but I love this brand and cannot find anything else pale enough for my natural skin tone. The BB cream underneath helps it stay put too!
 
NYC  twist-able lip color in #040 red - I liked the shade and I was on a budget when I bought it. I am almost finished and bought a new lipstick. Stay tuned for a review!
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Don't wear make-up. Cause I'm a bum like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rimmel eyeliner has the best price-quality combonation that can ever imagine! Recently I also purchased their pressed foundation/powder so that I have to add only 1 product to my skin. So easy when have to wake up at 5:20 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that sounds brutal. I wake up at 6:30 but only saunter out of my bed by 7am! I am not a morning person :p I can see why you would want to add only one product to your skin, I don't blame you!

      Delete
  3. I love the Wet N' Wild lipsticks (not sure if you get this brand around where you live), but they are generally $2-$3 and with my NYX lip primer it stays really well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! I remember Wet and Wild! They are more around $6.00 here but they work really well! I used it before! I may just look into a lip primer too, thanks for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous and absolutely work appropriate^^

    I never leave the house without make up either, but the only products I use are foundation, powder, eyeliner and mascara. Eyeshadows are not my thing and although I love the look, wearing lipstick for the entire day feels uncomfortable...:/ I'm trying to grow out my hair too; I miss my long locks, but I'm also aware, that shorter styles are more flattering on me...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynoire, happy hair growing to you :)

      Delete
  6. I think I would be the same as you if I had to get up as early in the mornings, so on days that I do wear makeup I have the time to mess around with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I usually mess around with it on the weekends. So much fun!

      Delete
  7. You're not alone in the slightest. Though I have grown far, far more comfortable with doing so (if I must!) in recent years, ideally, I don't like to leave the house sans "war paint" either and rarely do so unless I'm heading to, or coming home from, a hospital visit

    Great Lash mascara is the best! I've been using it as my main mascara since I was about 14 - 15 years old and will be a loyal fan, so long as they always offer a classic spoolie brush version, for all time. No other mascara, at any price point that I've tried, works better for me.

    Many hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bangs/fringe. I had the same but strangely, everytime the hairdresser cut it I shaked so I stopped wearing the bangs/fringe. Is that silly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not silly. Too each their own. I get twitchy too because I am afraid the stylist is going to poke me in the eye. I got frustrated at one point because the stylists never got it right. I just started watching tutorials on Youtube and began cutting them myself. Sometimes I cut them crooked but meh. I started my fringe in 2012 and there was a time I grew them out but I always come back!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...