Monday, April 4, 2016

Philip got new glasses

Hope you all enjoyed my April Fool's prank on Friday :)

A couple of weeks ago, Philip broke his glasses...again! You have no idea how much money we spent on new frames this past year. Considering he needed to get his eyes re-tested, we told him to choose a different set of frames but they cannot be in plastic anymore. We are hoping  a metal frame would be more solid. I know, it is wishful thinking!

Personally, I like the new pair much better than the last ones but I am a firm believer in allowing children to make their own decisions. He liked the old glasses and they made him happy. On the other hand, I prefer the new model because he used to look like Austin Powers or my Brad Majors Pop figurine!
 
Here is a comparison!





A friend of mine recently asked me about how I discovered Philip having vision problems. My answer is quite simple: I kept noticing him squinting or moving up real close to look at an object. We knew he needed them!

I love how technology has enabled us to detect vision problems at such a young age. I was told by my ophthalmologist that since it was detected early, Philip may not need glasses when he gets older. I remember when I was a kid, we were around 9 or 10 years by the time we got glasses and now I am seeing babies with them! Every night for over an hour, we were asked to put a patch on his right eye. This will help strengthen his left eye.  This helps improve his eyesight! In fact, the new prescription is not as strong as the last one! Apparently, Philip has really bad eyesight so this is such a relief!

Without further adieu, here is my baby bat in his new glasses:



6 comments:

  1. Metal frames are quite good option for my point of view. My seven year old son had his 1st glasses five months ago. And both of his metal frames are still in one piece :) Little bit scratchy but they will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the advice! The last pair had to be replaced so many times, I really appreciate your reassurance.

      Delete
  2. It is great being able to tell kids are having vision problems younger. I remember my dad saying when he first got glasses he realised the world wasn't blurry!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...