Friday, April 15, 2016

Beautiful "Butterflies"

"She is flying
Soaring through the air up there
My butterfly
In the sky she loves to fly from way up high
My butterfly
Floating in the sky
Is her state of mind
She is flying
Soaring through the air up there
My butterfly" - Switchblade Symphony, Cocoon


A couple of years ago, I believe it was in 2012, I purchased from the local Goth shop a grey Sourpuss shirt that had black bats printed on it.  Like most major label goth brands, a lot of the clothing doesn't last long despite the expensive price tag. I wore the shirt a handful of times and perhaps it was the way I washed it but the bats faded rather quickly. I was disappointed because that shirt was one of my favourites!

I remember keeping the shirt. I have it stashed somewhere, I am too lazy to actually go look for it but since I wanted to show you what it looked like, I decided to do a quick Google Image search . I immediately noticed that the lovely Meagan Kyla from the Blog Coffin Kitsch showed up in the search results wearing the exact same shirt! I love this girl's style and if you want to know what the shirt looks like, I am just going to nudge you all over to her blog post. She wears it much better than I ever did.

A couple of weeks ago, my good friend Alan once again referred me to an online bargain! I am so lucky to have my own personal bargain hunter! Keep up the good work, Alan!

The moment I saw this black and purple bat print shirt, I was in love.  It also reminds me of a funny story I would like to share with you all. Don't you love it when your clothing has a funny story behind it?

The story takes place when I wore that original grey Sourpuss shirt to work, in fact, this was well before the bats faded and the shirt was still new.

I work as a receptionist and this really nice elderly lady walked in. After I greeted her, she began to compliment me. She told me that I looked pretty and that she loves my style. What she said next took a huge effort on my part to not laugh: "What a wonderful t-shirt you got there. Look at all those beautiful butterflies" I just smiled and thanked her for the compliments. I did not have the heart to tell her that they were actually bats.

Well dear readers, here is my new beautiful "butterfly" shirt.











The shirt was purchased off of ebay. If you want to purchase it, here is the link!


Despite the item shipping from overseas, the shipping cost to Canada was very reasonable. The item came well packaged and in excellent condition. It didn't take too long to get here either. The shirt I identical to what is seen on the website and the overall cost is reasonable. I would definitely buy from this seller again.


20 comments:

  1. But maybe bats ARE mouse butterflies, you never know :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that exact gray t-shirt, it's sitting in my dresser drawer. I got it in a Sourpuss lot auction on eBay, and fell in love with it the moment I laid eyes on it.... But my god what a cheap piece of crap. Like yours, the bats started fading almost instantly, and I'm really careful with my favorite things, hand washing them and all. The shirt stretched out like crazy. It's almost as though a girl three times my size borrowed it. The poor thing's been retired as a pajama top, at least until I can fix my serger and take the shirt in so it fits properly. I'm hesitant to buy any Sourpuss t-shirts again. It's funny that that older lady thought they were butterflies! I have an Iron Fist purse that has a rotting skull with roses and butterfly wings on it. It's done in a really painterly style and I've had older women compliment on how pretty it looks. I only told one woman that it's a skull, you should've seen the face she made lol. She was a shop keeper of a store that sells tiki masks and bone jewelry, I figured she could handle it lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my shirt also stretched like crazy too! I completely forgot about that!

      Delete
  3. Love it!! And I love that song AND Switchblade Symphony! I have the CD of that album, too. Great minds... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds, indeed. I have the CD too!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. LOL Bat-terflies. Good way to describe it :)

      Delete
  5. This story made me beam a mile wide smile. Too cute for words! There's no way I could have brought myself to correct her either.

    Your new shirt is terrific. It will be interesting to see if anyone ever confuses these violet bats for butterflies, too.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was a long time ago and I still remember. It made my day.

      Delete
  6. Hahha, old ladies like goth, I'm sure of it^^ That's a cute top, I like the black and purple version more^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! People are funny. The top is so very cute :) As far as the Sourpuss Clothing t-shirt, I have to agree about the quality as I barely wear it any more. Thank you about the compliment, but I'm sure the shirt looked great on you as well ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...