Friday, March 25, 2016

The dreaded pop figurines version 1.2

It's been a while since I posted about these things. I was super stoked a couple of months ago when I discovered that Funko Pop was releasing a second wave of Doctor Who figurines and they have been slowly trickling into stores.

These week has been a real challenging one and I decided to go see if any were available. You see what happened was quite annoying and it really was not my week for making food.

On Monday, I came home and was making stir fry. I forgot something in the basement and I ran down to get it. I was only gone for a few seconds and it started to slightly burn. Figuring it was only a little crispy, I thought it would be ok. I thought wrong. I ruined supper! It tasted horrible so we made toast with peanut butter and bananas instead.

On Tuesday, I planned to make meat loaf but forgot to defrost the ground beef. We had frozen mini pizzas instead and I didn't like them!

Wednesday, I thought I would bring pita bread, some cold cuts, and mixed vegetables in my lunch. I thought I would make a super healthy pita pocket sandwich that would be loaded with veggies except that the bread got hard and I couldn't  open it properly.  I thought by putting it in the microwave for a few seconds would allow me to open them. Well, once again, I thought wrong.

Yesterday, every thing that could possibly go wrong at work went wrong. You know when you take a step forward to take two back? I was so frustrated that I put my arms in the air and said "fuck it". I decided to not eat the lunch I brought and went to The Mall. I had a nice souvlaki pita with fries (I usually go for the salad option) and I even got extra Tzaziki sauce on the side. Getting these little friends in addition to my kick ass lunch made my day. Sometimes it is nice to eat junk food and adopt a tin dog.


 




 

11 comments:

  1. Food Court for the win! Haven't been in a mall food court since December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am not really a mall person

      Delete
  2. Oh dear that sounds like a terrible week for cooking! You definitely deserved the junk food :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a pretty sucky week and it felt good to indulge :)

      Delete
  3. Daaw! Cute k9!

    You really have had an awful week with food disasters! Let's hope that uses up your bad luck for the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's one of my favourites!

      Delete
  4. In case I haven't already mentioned it, I LOVE Dr Who. I grew up watching it during Tom Baker's reign (the fourth Doctor) and have loved it ever since. Your K-9 figure is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yahoo! A fellow Whovian! I watched some of classic era when I was younger with my dad and I love the reboot.

      Delete
  5. Aaaawwww K9 !!! I just bought the funko TARDIS today. I'm actually collecting tardis, yes, very classic whovian hobby ah ah ah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes. I was so happy when I got my TARDIS. It is so cool that the doors open! This is cool. Another fellow Whovian! :)

      Delete
  6. You know that that figure looks a lot like your little bat, don't you? <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...