Monday, March 7, 2016

No Ouija boards required!

This is where I got the image!!!!

I like to think that I am a woman of science. I will not believe in anything unless I see cold hard facts. My love for science made me question my spiritual beliefs. As a child, I told my family I was no longer Catholic because I oppose the church and did not believe in god. As a teenager, I became a Wiccan. A couple of years ago, I ditched those beliefs and just consider myself agnostic.

I don't really consider myself an Atheist. I do believe that there is life after death and do know that there is no actual proof.  I have had personal experiences and seen many things throughout the years that make me believe in these things.

When my father died, I was still very young and it felt like my whole world came crashing down. My dad was my protector and friend. He "got me" when I felt like no one else did.  After his death, he visited me in a dream and asked me to take care of my mother. He also reinstated what he told me on the day he died: he loved me. He reassured me that he will look out for me and will be watching over me.

It has been well over a decade since his passing and I still miss him at times. I was thinking about him recently considering a family member shared a story on Facebook that made me cry. I will not share it here as it is in French but the story behind it was very heartfelt. In fact, after reading it, I broke down and had a very confused husband that wondered what the hell happened to me. Only minutes prior, I was making my usual sarcastic remarks and laughing my head off then all of a sudden, I was bawling my eyes out!

 The story was about a man who walks on a bus, holding a bouquet of roses. The bus driver asks the man if those flowers were for his wife. The man said "no, they are for my daughter. I am going to buy her chocolate too and take her to the movies. Her fiancé left her three days ago. I vowed that for as long as I live, I will do everything I can to wipe tears off of my daughters face" I remember being heartbroken myself after a break up and my dad did the same thing as the man in the story. In fact, bouquets of roses were our thing.

My dad used to grow beautiful roses in the front of our house and the both of us always admired the red ones. He would always make a bouquet out of his roses for me.

When he died and my birthday rolled around, I wanted to get tattooed in his honor. My coworkers all chipped in for that tattoo, which made it extra special. I have a rose on my right shoulder. This way, my dad would always be with me, he would have my back.

Oooh cool mystical effect! Got to love the shadow of my phone! It was done on purpose, I swear!

There are times in my life when I feel down or just generally miss him! Sometimes, I just talk to him. I feel stupid talking to "dead air" or to myself so I would turn the ringer off on my home and talk to him that way. I got inspired to do this by watching the second Poltergeist movie. There is a scene where the spirit of Carol Anne's grandmother would call her on her toy phone and they would communicate with each other! I would tell my pops about my day and all the things that pissed me off. I would talk to him about Philip. During the most difficult times of my life, I would just go for a walk and talk to my old friend. Sometimes, just sometimes, I know he is listening.

Getting married was particularly difficult for me. I wanted him to walk me down the aisle. I am old-fashioned that way. I was his princess and I knew that as much as he would have been happy for me, it would have been bitter sweet for him! I remember "talking" to him and asking for a cool summer breeze during the hand fasting part of my ceremony (I was still Wiccan at that time). I wanted the wind to hit the lace sleeves on my dress so they could blow in the wind. Sure enough, just as our hands were being tied together, there was a gust of wind and my sleeves were blowing in the wind with the hand fasting ribbons!

So yes, I might talk to myself (at least I use my phone, I feel less crazy that way, especially when I am out in public) but in my mind, I am talking to my pops. If that makes you think I am insane, that is fine by me but know this: The insane do not question their sanity and I question mine on a daily basis!

7 comments:

  1. The Dead talk to us through dreams. I wasn't close to the deceased member of my family (great grandparents, grandfather abusive to my mum, an uncle I was too young to remember). However one of my late favourite English teachers often appears in my dreams. And my former pets too. It's a relief to know there's away - other than dying yourself - to see them again. Your father must have been a Great man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He was pretty awesome :)

      Delete
  2. You are absolutely right in that Ouija boards are not required. If you want to communicate with your spirit guides or your dad all that is required is quiet time and meditation. He probably sends you signs all the time. Is there a certain song that gets stuck in your head out of nowhere? Just start noticing all the little things that most people ignore. And it helps to talk out loud. Putting thoughts into writing or speech has power. Your guides are listening. All you have to do is ask for their help!

    I walked into a thrift store the other day thinking about getting my sewing mojo back. I see this sewing cabinet sitting in the store and walk up to it. It was a beautiful cabinet in perfect shape for a small amount of money. Sitting on top of the cabinet was this sign that said "Faith- Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" and at the same time George Michael's song Faith was playing over the store speaker. I knew right away this was a sign from my spirit guide. I thanked them right there in that store out loud. I knew that was no ordinary series of coincidences. My guide probably sent me to that store that day because I was thinking of a proper sewing table! Just pay attention to the signs they are sending and say thank you as often as you can.

    Even if you are into science there are some things that just can not be explained away easily. Personally, I like to think that we are all connected. Us, animals, the planet, plants, and yes spirits. We are all connected by energy. Just because we can't physically see it or "prove" that it exists does not make it any less real. Having worked in a metaphysical shop I can tell you that everyone has a ghost story. And yet we still have no hard proof that spirits exist.

    We are all psychic to some degree. It's not a special ability. It just takes practice. The more you use it the more powerful it is. The only difference is that some people pay attention better than others. And also realize that we all have different natural gifts. Some people use energy, some smell, some use visualization, and some people just know. Some people sense spirits through energy and some people can physically see them. We are all different. Use your instinct or intuition to communicate with your guides on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true! I do believe we are all connected too and do believe in energy. I watched an awesome documentary called What The Bleep do we know. It explains a lot in what you commented on and I highly recommend it. Thanks for the insightful comment, Mary :) There is a lot of truth in what you wrote.

      Delete
  3. It`s now 30 years since I lost my mum and 20 my dad. Still miss them at silly times, like when I went to work in a commercial nursery (plant) I so wanted to show my dad all the equipment etc. that he would have marvelled over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly 3 more months until my father is gone for 18 years... Guess everyone who has lost a loved person knows those moments when a smile tuns into a lake of tears...

    I love one thing that the dinosaurs in 'the land before time' said, that the people we lost will live within us as long as we remember them... And well, not going too much into that here but there IS a connection for sure.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...