Monday, March 14, 2016

Boots before corset

When I came back to goth those many moons ago, I can still remember the first corset I ever purchased. Not long after, I got a long black skirt. Incidentally, it is the same skirt that got stuck in an escalator.

.
Fast forward to some time later, I got a subscription to Gothic Beauty Magazine and was quite impressed to see the model wearing the same corset on the cover


This is where I got the image!!!!

There are items of clothing that are sentimental to me. This corset is one of them. After gaining so much weight and not by liking my toned down, "normal" appearance, wearing the corset was very empowering for me. It was like I was meant to wear it. I felt beautiful on the inside and outside, which was something that I did not feel for a very long time.







 A few months later, I decided I needed some boots. They are not very practical and I wouldn't really wear them to go clubbing considering my night is usually spent on the dance floor but they look cool!

17 comments:

  1. BTW, has the newest issue arrived at american homes? I am still waiting for mine O_O been months since the last one arrived... And Lady you look amazing, we just need some exciting pieces in our WARdrobes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure, I am Canadian not American. I did not renew my subscription.

      Delete
  2. That's a lovely corset, dear! <3

    http://looktheotherway.co

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!

    Put on boots and use the restroom before corsets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to get rid of all my corsets >.< they don't fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a heartwarming post. I love that you shared how a single garment (+ killer boots!) brought so many positives back into your life. I may have to take a page from your book and dedicate a post to one or more that have had similar sorts of uplifting effects on me.

    It's a gorgeous corset on a gorgeous woman (you!) and one can see in these photos just how much joy it brings you, which is just the best thing our clothes can do for us emotionally.

    Many hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't bought Gothic Beauty in a while but I do like the featured fashion usually. The corset is very flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a huge fan of corsets. I found most of them in yard sales for a trifle (aka less than 5 €). My most expensive one is a XS red Hell Bunny with metallic whalebones. I had 70% off on it so I did not hesitate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Hell Bunny! I would have also taken advantage of the sale!

      Delete
  8. Sylvie, you ARE beautiful on the inside and outside too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...