Monday, February 1, 2016

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey


 *Warning Pic heavy*



My wonderful niece, Lori treated me to an early birthday gift. Not only did she invite me to go to the Doctor Who concert with her, she also treated me to Chinese food! I was quite the happy girl on Saturday! 

The concert was really an orchestra which was played by OVMF - "The Orchestre à Vents De Musiques De Films" and the event took place at the other end of the city. Apparently, the OVMF had a Doctor Who concert last November and they were doing it again on Saturday. I guess it was popular because both of these shows sold out!

 It is very rare that I feel like I belong unless I am at a goth club or at an event like this. After all, on Saturday night, we all joined together by our love for Doctor Who! Some people and children showed up cosplaying characters from the series but there were also some professional cosplayers there too! I always have an admiration for cosplayers and I always try my best to take some time and tell them personally how much I love their costumes! Their hard work and dedication is to be admired. It doesn't matter whether or not they are beginner or advanced. It takes a lot of skill, patience, and a lot of attention to detail to pull off some of these characters.

 I totally flipped out and nearly had a heart attack when I saw a giant Tardis and Dalek.  For those of you who follow my personal Facebook, probably read about and seen photos of my enthusiasm.  I think the term I coined was "nerdgasm" and would like to apologize for the handful of coworkers who got to read that!  Oh well. Some people are passionate about sports, I am crazy about a TV series.

This is what I wore (Lori let me borrow the bow):




We got to sit on the balcony, therefore,we has a good view of most of the musicians and the screen. You see, not only the orchestra playing songs from the series, we got to see clips relating to the episodes on the screen which played in sync with the music. The only downside to our seats, we got to see the chorus' legs and did not see the drummers. Oh well.

The concert began with the Doctor Who theme song and the conductor was using a sonic screwdriver instead of his regular baton. I thought that was pretty neat. Some of the musicians were in cosplay too! The clarinet player who cosplayed as The Doctor demanded that the conductor give back her screwdriver! Another clarinet player was in a bridal gown. We also had a flute player wearing a Dalek dress! Those little touches and getting to hear about the conductor's love for the TV series were extra little touches. It is nice to know that the some of the people performing are just enthusiastic about the show as you are! Pardon the quality. I had to really zoom in to get these photos.


A professional cosplayer. She told me she has been cosplaying for over 10 years. She was such a sweetie. You can see more of her cosplays on her website.

Afterwards, the conductor politely reminded us to switch off our phones and showed us on the screen  the concert rules, much to my amusement.

There was a raffle where you could win a Doctor Who Lego set and a watch.

I got to meet some nice people and discovered one girl traveled to Montreal by bus from Quebec city to see this concert!

It was a wonderful night. I got to watch and listen to an entire orchestra play music to my beloved TV series.  I also got my photo taken next to a Dalek and a Tardis! To those of you who are not familiar with Doctor Who and have no clue what I am referring to, do not fret, I will get back to my usual posts on Wednesday.






6 comments:

  1. I love how exictedly you talk about anything Dr. Who related! Although I never liked it, reading about your happines makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how exictedly you talk about anything Dr. Who related! Although I never liked it, reading about your happines makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I understand why you like my necklace! Lucky you! But where's the Doctor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am so envious right now! This sounds like an amazing evening.
    I actually saw the Doctor Who Lego while at work the other day. I squeed, and was about to shout out to everyone. Then I looked around, and realized that no one in my office would understand how amazing this was, and sat back down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreeing with Lene, you sound perfectly excited, thats good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great! Orchestra versions of music always sound epic! And you are just soooo cute! I kinda want to squish you :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...