Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A non traditional birthday

Alright, Darklings. It's my birthday today! I got bombarded with lovely messages on Facebook and I feel so loved! Thank you for the well wishes! My little one gave me plenty of hugs and kisses today which made it extra special.

There is something to celebrate this year. It is a huge milestone for me. It has been the first birthday in over 6 years that I have not been sick! Every year, I had an ailment. Be it the flu to strep to bronchitis, you name it, I had it every time my birthday rolled around, I got sick! In fact, one year, my husband made me duck. He cooked up a storm for me and when I came home, I was feeling off. I took one bite of the duck and vomited. The poor guy! It wasn't his fault. I caught the flu!It was not his cooking  I have not had duck since. Just the thought of it makes me nauseous to this day.

 Due to the recent changes in barometric pressure, the only thing that happened to me today was I woke up with a migraine. My meds cured it and I spent the day a little tired. It is very hilarious that a migraine is a lesser of two evils for me!

Passed out on the couch, Birthday style! I think I had strep

What made my day extra special (aside from not being sick) was that my boss gave me an executive lunch hour. If you read my previous post, you would know that it was Philip's 100th day of kindergarten where we worked on a special project together. As a treat, the parents were invited to go in the school gym. The children performed a cute song and got to show us what they made. Philip was very eager to show off his googly eyed monster and shook the board to make the eyes move! I love how he is coming out of his shell and was able to talk (in french, no less) in front of strangers. In the past, he would have had difficulty doing so. This made my birthday!

Supper tonight was easy to prepare and it wasn't duck! I also made my own cake. I do realize it sounds funny but I love to bake and I made my special Baileys Irish Cream chocolate cake. Seriously, chocolate and liquor, what more could you ask for?


Hahah! He put his shoes on the wrong feet.

17 comments:

  1. Hppy Birthday! I'm glad you had a great day! And your family seems so caring and nice, you could not have any better present... *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, and so great you weren't sick! May this wonderful condition continue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Laura. I agree, may this new condition continue!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Happy Birthday!! Baileys Irish Cream chocolate cake counds delicious and I'm glad you guys had a great time! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bday!
    It would be interesting to dig into the reason why you were sick on your former birthdays. Methinks your body wanted to tell you something. And why did the "curse" stop this year? Anyways, I'm glad you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. It could be stress or it could be that every one gets sick this time of the year and I have a weak immune system. I have made it a point to sleep more, take a vitamin daily and drink more water.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like the perfect birthday, Sylvie! Glad you had such a wonderful day! I'm feeling the need to Google Chocolate Bailey's cake recipes now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated birthday wish to you! I am glad you finally broke the birthday-curse.
    And I wouldn't mind if you shared the recipe for that cake! I make a mean Whisky-chocolate cake, but Baileys chocolate cake actually sounds even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyful belated birthday wishes, sweet dear! With all my heart, I wish you a happy, fun filled, exciting year ahead and hope it's one of the best ever for you!

    Tons of hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Glad that you got to experience a nice birthday!
    I'm usually sick on my birthdays as well so I know the feel :'D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...