Friday, January 1, 2016

Year in review 2015

I have seen many bloggers doing a year in review post over the past couple of days and I have decided to jump on the bandwagon (baaaaa)! I must admit, looking back, my year didn't seem so bad. It could have been worst. I did not accomplish everything I wanted but it is nice to be busy.

It was a year full of introspection and personal growth, which is always nice.
All in all, it was a good year. I had a positive attitude and it wasn't as bad as I originally thought. I did not accomplish all my goals but that is ok. One thing at a time.

I want to take advantage of this opportunity to thank all my readers and new friends I have made thanks to this blog. Here's to another year of Little Corp Goth Girl! 


January 2015
  • Started off optimistic. I started exercising and taking better care of myself. For an update, I have lost weight and am in better shape!
  • Again, I am grateful for jumping on the whole "year in review" bandwagon because I noticed that I did a post about my blogging style in January. Upon reflection, I realized that it has not only changed a lot in this past year but I learned so much about the blogging world. Stay tuned for a future post. Perhaps someone out there could benefit from avoiding some of my noobie mistakes.
February - June 2015
  • Like every year on my birthday, I get really sick. I caught a cold from hell and it took almost two months to shake off. Eventually, it turned into bronchitis.
  • I had some issues with the mentally disabled neighbors downstairs. Nothing much happened since.
  • Like most winters, I hibernate and last year, we had a really cold winter! Temperatures plummeted to a -40 c and I remember registering my kid for elementary school in that weather. 
  • I struggled a lot with migraines, especially in the early spring (barometric pressure changes are a trigger) but I found ways to help make them less frequent. I stopped running as it was a trigger and started walking instead. I use my Wii fit whenever the weather is bad. I increased my water intake and found ways to reduce stress. It helps!
  • I started a garden in my backyard and while I was optimistic, the area I originally chose to grow my vegetables had too much shade and not enough sun. I think I got one tomato out of it all! It was a fun, learning process that helped me go outside and get some exercise!



July 2015
  • I started collecting and becoming obsessed with Funko, Pop Figurines!
  •  I cut my long hair to donate to Locks of Love. I love the shorter hair (I was even compared to Lydia Deetz by so many people, how cool is that?) and it felt good to do a nice thing. I am still uncertain whether or not I want to grow my hair long again but we shall see. I have not cut it since.This was not my first time taking the plunge by cutting off long hair.
  • It was not easy but I did two very personal posts. One was about what coming back to goth has taught me and the other one was about my miscarriage. I became very introspective that month and I felt like my daughter, Charlotte  needed to be acknowledged. I also want women who are going through or went through something similar to not feel the same way I once felt. I also wanted to point out that society in general have it all wrong when it comes to grief. It seems like it is brushed under a rug. It was really not easy for me to post about these topics.
  • By acknowledging my daughter, I also did a very heartfelt post about my son, Philip. The knowledge that he will be starting kindergarten in the fall made me look back to his babyhood and I got sentimental. Those were some pretty challenging years but I am very grateful for them!

August 2015
  • I had some epiphanies and made me see myself in a different way. I saw how much I have grown and changed as a mother (see my crunchy mom post here). I also went out and felt beautiful. It is very rare that I see myself in such a light without pointing something negative out. Having a night out also help cement my personal notions that although I am a parent, it is ok to have a life outside of your kids. It is so very rare I do go out due to my chronic migraines or sickness that it was nice to do so.
  • My son officially started kindergarten.

Taken on his first day of school

September - October 2015
  • The first couple of weeks of school were hard on the both of us but we pulled through
  • Halloween was a success.



November - December 2015
  • Philip started walking into school on his own and we survived the busy Holiday season!


12 comments:

  1. Such a busy year! I am not ready for 2016 but 2015 already seems long ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know eh! I am looking forward to the New Year

      Delete
  2. Not a bad year at all for you. Thanks for sharing your world with us readers! Happy New Year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your'e welcome! Here`s to a successful 2016

      Delete
  3. Wow, you had quite an exciting year and I love how versatile your posts were, I enjoyed every single one of them. ^^ Happy New Year to you guys! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much, Lynoire. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete
  4. Wow, what a year you've had. And I'm sorry to read about your miscarriage. It's nice that you acknowledge her. I'm also glad that you did a year-in-review post. I find it's a great way to reflect on the year. Happy 2016, Sylvie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dasia. Happy 2016 to you too

      Delete
  5. I love your posts Sylvie, and I'm sorry I haven't been commenting much. I've just read your post on your Charlotte, my heart goes out to you and it's a lovely tribute you have paid to her.

    Wishing you, your husband and Philip a happy and healthy new year.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, wishing you and your family all the best too. Thanks for reading and don't worry about the lack of commenting!

      Delete
  6. This is such a fantastic way to recap your year. I'm all for "my top 12 outfits (or purchases or trips, or what have you)" kinds of year end posts, but this feels more intimate and relatable. Thank you for sharing some of standout moments for you from 2015. It was such a pleasure getting to know you and your blog last year and I happily look forward to continuing to do so in 2016.

    Big hugs & joyful start of January wishes!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. And we are happy you are here <3 may 2016 be an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...