Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Jurassic Christmas predator

I am tired and drained. I may sound snarky but all in all I am having a good Christmas. I am drained but I think every year I feel that way.  To be honest, I never thought I would ever think this but I am glad that I am working a few days next week, just to get back to a routine! I am fed up of Christmas. I just want some down time!

Christmas Holidays as a parent is very tiring. There is all that shopping to do and hiding the gifts. When you are finally ready to wrap them, you have to be a ninja! My child has gift wrapping radars and seems to know that I am up to something. He could be sound a sleep but the moment the wrapping paper comes out, wham! He is awake. I was smart this year. I brought all that shit to my mother's place and wrapped it all there! Take that you sneaky bugger!

I made supper on Christmas Eve this year and I think it was a smart move because the next day was hell. My supper was excellent, I even used the good dishes (they used to belong to my grandmother) and my table looked nice, unlike Thanksgiving! 


We even put out cookies and egg nog for Santa. The eggnog had a little bit of cognac inside to keep us sane. Philip also left out carrots for the reindeer.


My little boy woke us up at 4:30am Christmas morning. He was permitted to open the little gifts under his tree and inside his stocking. I thought I was clever by putting things that could keep him occupied but I was so wrong. Every time he retrieved something from his stocking, he would run into our room and announce what he got! He also got candy from Hargoyle, which we permitted him to eat (anything goes on Christmas) so the kid was bouncing off the walls. We gave up by 5:30am. Coffee was my best friend. It was even better than regular morning coffee since we spiked it with cognac! No wonder parents get liquored up over the Holidays! Drinking keeps you sane!


The highlight of my day was the Indominos Rex dinosaur robot toy my son got. This dinosaur is from the new Jurassic Park movie that came out last summer. It is really cool.  It has sensors and can follow your hand movement. When his eyes turn red, he is in "attack" mode and will charge at you. Be careful it bites (not really hard, but still) The robot has the same movements as the dinosaur in the movie, which is really neat.  I know I was pretty scared. Whenever the robot would go in "attack mode", both Philip and I would run away from it. At one point, we nearly knocked over the Christmas tree! It is a cool toy and I think we play with it more than Philip does!


poor Pippin doesn't realize it's in attack mode!

We are busy visiting family this weekend and I am pretty Christmassed out. I am actually looking forward to New Years for some R&R. In all this madness, I still have not found the time to go see the new Star Wars movie! I am pretty pissed off about that! BAHUMBUG!

14 comments:

  1. Never let your small child eat candy that early in the morning. That's suicide for your sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL lesson learned. I was keeping up with my family tradition where my parents let me do that! Oh well, it is once a year

      Delete
  2. I am beyond knackered at the moment, too. For reasons far beyond "just" the holiday season, this has been one of the busiest months of the last few years and I feel like I'm running on the fumes of fumes of fumes, so to speak. Hopefully January will be a more relaxed month and we can both try to recharge our batteries.

    Many hugs & happy Boxing Day wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica and yes, here's to some R&R!

      Delete
  3. The carrots for the reindeer is adorbs. Sounds like you had a fun Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Indominus Rex toy looks AWESOME!
    My Bug got a monster truck that plays cacophonous music when you press a certain button - it surprises him almost every time and it's pretty funny :)
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry belated Christmas. I remember my brother and I were very excited on Xmas day as kids. But 4 am dude! It seems your little one was über excited :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol he was excited. Im glad it's over

      Delete
  6. Oh thank godness they'll grow up ;-). I actually enjoy my children now when they are preteen and in their teens. Easier to talk to, they will help themselves, still cuddly, and we can do things I enjoy (not only child appropriate). Well every age has its silver lining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laugh because every stage is my favourite stage in my child's development

      Delete
  7. Yep, Christmas is tiring! Hope you are recovering now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The carrots made me laugh when you posted them on facebook or insta or wherever *cant remember sorry* And totally understand why you enjoy the robot dinosaur *lol* sounds funny!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...