Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Sylvie's 2016 wishlist

With Christmas coming up and most of my money going towards buying other people gifts, I thought it would be fun to compile a wish list of items I would like to purchase. Perhaps, through out the year, I could revert back to this post and update my progress or make changes. I often spend my money on silly things and having a list of wardrobe dream items could be useful. It would help with those impulse buys. Without further adieu, here is my list of things I want to buy for myself in 2016:


(1) Buy a pair of Winklepicker boots. 
I love shoes and I love boots. I have a closet full of them but I am a firm believer in a girl cannot own too many pairs of shoes. I know I wear my Docs most of the time but I do change them up. I never owned a pair of winklepickers and always wanted my very own pair since I was a teenager. It is about time I make that dream a reality. For the record, off topic, when I watched Jay (husband) read the above title, I knew exactly what he was thinking after he read the word "winklepicker" and his chuckling made me smile. With that being said, scroll down to see my future winklepickers!

source:Pinterest



(2) Buy a coffin purse/backpack 
 You don't know how many times I refrained from buying one. As a teenager, I had limited funds. As I got older, I felt like I needed a grown up bag. Well , screw the grownup bag! I am getting me a casket purse! I would like something that can be used as a mini backpack. I think it would be convenient when taking public transit or going to the park with my little one than my big girl purse. Like how I am justifying this?

source:ebay


(3) More long skirts 
 I rarely wear pants and I love a good dress or skirt. I would love to own more skirts.Plus it is useful when you forget to shave your legs in the summer! Shhh! Don't tell my secret!

https://www.queen-of-darkness.com


(4) Good blazers 
 I admit, not long after I was hired in my current job with minimal dress code (most people don't have one in my current job but I say I do since wearing corsets and skulls to work would be unacceptable) I ditched all my blazers. It gets cold in the office. I keep a beautiful shawl at my desk but I sometimes miss a good blazer to tone up an outfit. Something like this would be quite nice.

source:goodgoth.com

(5) Get more ink  
I have three ideas for upcoming tattoos. Time to get them! Here is a hint - one of them is goth related, one of them is to commemorate an event, and the last one is Doctor Who related.



(6) Get my ears and labret (lip) re-pierced
  At one point in my life, my earlobes were almost full of earrings. Most of my holes closed up. Time to get that changed


(7)  Buy some more coffin and bat jewellery - I need more!
 Seriously, who doesn't need more? I actually do not have a bat hanging upside down pendant, I should get one!

source click here to see where you can buy
source:pinterest

(8) Bat plushies 
 I know with my allergies, I really shouldn't but I could use an extra one or two. In fact, goth gardener got me addicted to The Occasional Bat.

image taken from the Occasional Bat site



I may add things to the list later in the year and will update whenever I purchase an item off of this list. Do you have a wish list?

17 comments:

  1. Those occasional bats are SO CUTE...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, eh? I love them and they are well made too

      Delete
  2. Those boots are gorgeous!
    For some strange reason, my (right) ear piercings always close up. I need to do something about that, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it sucks when the piercings close up!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous wishlist! I swear, this week I've been thinking about the fact that I need more goth/gothabilly jewelry, too. Unfortunately my nickel allergy makes that tricky if most metals are involved, but there's always sterling (if one has the budget room for it) and the occasional find that's nickel-free, plus (my own) handmade pieces. I hope that all of these lovely items are able to come your way, sweet lady.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that is horrible to be allergic to nickel. Hopefully you could find something that isnt too expensive and looks awesome. That is awesome you make jewellery too!

      Delete
    2. Stainless steel is hypoallergenic. You can try to find jewelry that's made with that material.

      Delete
  4. What is it about winklepickers that fascinate people?? When I look at them, yeah, the tops look great, but I see those narrow pointy toes and just flinch! Won't they make your feet hurt, or is it just my overactive imagination? And WHY are they called that??? Inquiring minds (well, one anyway!) want to know...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bat plushies! I could make one for myself with a cherry pit pillow inside for warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have HUGE wish lists - but at my age they aren't really about clothes and jewellery, as I probably have enough to last me to the end of days. Mine are now all about craft supplies and antiques - not that I have room for much more of either. LOL Oh, except I really want a pair of the Victorian floral Docs. I like the Winklepickers, but I'm not sure I could squeeze my toes into pointy boots like that any more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like those floral docs too. Antiques sounds like a lovely idea. Now I regret not adding them to my list! On the other hand, at this point in my life, I would be afraid of owning too many with a kid and all. I do have some pieces that were handed down to me by my aunt that are cherished. Happy antiquing!

      Delete
  7. I love the bat plushie. It even has bats on the fabric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love the occasional bat for that very idea. They have Christmas ones and all sorts! I even got one with shamrocks that came with a leprechaun hat for my husband (he's Irish) and it is just too cute.

      Delete
  8. I need all those except for winklepickers (my feet are too wide) and piercings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just ordered a pair of winklepickers when black friday / cyber monday sales were happening :-D looking forwards to find them in my mailbox! And i really want to finish my pokemon tattoo sleeve after so many years...
    hope you will be able to find everything you want! <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...