Monday, December 21, 2015

I said yes to the dress

Mary from the blog, Mourning Glory Designs, recently opened an Etsy shop (go check it out!). The moment I saw this dress from her store, I knew it was love at first sight. I imagined all the outfit possibilities and many different ways I could wear this dress and I just had to have it.

My company Christmas party was around the corner and I knew this dress would be perfect for such an occasion! Unfortunately, my son and I got sick, therefore, I had to miss out on the party but the dress shall still  be worn! The only reason why I waited this long to wear it was because I wanted to look my best (ie healthy) so I could do it justice.

I wore this dress to work today. I was originally unsure whether or not it would go over well. Considering it has color and I got away with tu-tu skirts or outfits with d-rings on them, I figured this wouldn't be so bad. In fact, I got lots of compliments!  I was even told that I reminded someone of a Disney princess.

I owe all the wonderful compliments to Mary who is not only an excellent seamstress but a great business woman! The dress is super well made, she was very quick at communicating with me and she shipped it out very fast! The dress came well packaged and she was so sweet for including some freebies (some skull hand hair clips and lace gloves) to along with it! Thank you for the treats, Mary!

All in all, I would definitely be ordering more items from her in the future and I highly recommend her! PS I need a better camera. It was pretty late and dark when we took these pictures. I played around with some filters in order to enhance the dress. Sorry, I got home later than anticipated and I didn't want to wait any longer to do this outfit post!





22 comments:

  1. The dress is amazing! I love her stuff so much! If I had the money I would get it all ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Here's to hoping the both of us win the lottery so we could buy all the pretty clothes we want :)

      Delete
  2. It fits perfectly on you. I've been loving more romantic styles. Is that velvet? Looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to agree on the princess compliments :-D you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it is indeed velvet, it is going to keep you warm this winter - I am not a fan of heavy sweaters and I always look for alternatives, with velvet being one of them.
    I hardly ever wear dresses/skirts anymore. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was pretty warm yesterday! It is indeed velvet.

      Delete
  5. That dress is gorgeous and it looks lovely on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing dress!! You look darling and Mary's dresses are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meagan! Yes they are and super well made too :)

      Delete
  7. Wow Sylvie you look beautiful in that purple! The Romantic Goth look suits you perfectly. I will be posting a lot of new stuff this year. The Velvet is warm and cozy but I wear those dresses all year long. And I always give a discount to my blogging friends. If anyone orders make sure to use the coupon MourningGloryDesigns for 20% off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love it! I remember seeing that in her Etsy shop and liking it :) You look amazing in it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really suits you! I love Mary's clothing, especially the new sweaters she's been making. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful and the dress is amazing! Merry Yule time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many, many swoons! This dress is so elegantly beautiful and the rich purple shade is positively radiant on you, sweet dear. Awesome purchase!

    Tons of hugs & merry Christmas wishes!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gasp! You look lovely in this dress. And thanks for the heads up with Mourning Glory Designs. I love the dresses and the prices are do-able! Woot!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...