Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The spider Jacked up my hat

Last winter, I purchased a Jack Skellington tuque for myself. It was on sale and granted it was a little snug, I wore it anyways. I thought it was cute.

My son recently saw the tuque in my hall closet and asked if he could wear it that day. I was so happy that he likes Nightmare Before Christmas that I was more than happy to lend it to him. He wore it while he was on his school field trip out at the pumpkin patch.

Fast forward to a few days later, he asks again to borrow the hat. Again, I oblige and we leave for school. As I was driving him to school, he starts talking and the conversation goes as follows:

"Mommy, I really like your Jack Skellington hat. I wish I could have it"

"Philip, that is my hat. I am letting you wear it today but eventually you are going to have to wear your minion hat again"

"Ah ok. You are such a beautiful, pretty Mommy. You are my sweet heart"

While I am amused over his flattery, I decided to just not respond. Philip, on the other hand, decides a new tactic.

"You know Mommy, I really would like to have this Jack Skellington hat very much. I am your baby bat, remember?"

Shit! I totally fell for his flattery this time around but I decided to stand my ground. I told him that he will always be my baby bat but the hat is still mine. I do not want him to think he could pull this stunt again by using flattery but I mentally planned on to eventually let him "borrow it on a permanent basis"!

The next day,  he points at this spider he made out of pipe cleaners at school. He asks if he could play with it. I really like that spider and I told him that I wanted to keep it on the bulletin board as a decoration. He argues that it is his spider and he wants to keep it. The roles are reversed! He wants my hat, I want his spider so I proposed a trade. He keeps the Jack Skellington tuque while I keep the spider! Unbeknownst to him, I originally fell for his flattery but I end up being a genius! We both win!






6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha, I second that! He is a real charmer! Who could resist!

      Delete
  2. That is so cute! Sneaky little flatterer but I would still be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, he's such a wee charmer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be hard to say no to such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute, I don't know how could anyone resist. And that hat is just on point!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...