Friday, October 2, 2015

Little black dress

My long time friend from High School, Crystal is also a fellow blogger. She recently did a blog post on her blog, Sometimes Glam sporting a very beautiful little black dress. Naturally, I got inspired to do a blog post myself! The source of my inspiration is thanks to Crystal and I being exact opposites. She dresses a little more towards the conservative side, while I obviously don't.

If you knew the both of us separately, you would never think in a million years we could be friends but we are.

We are friends because despite our appearances and personal preferences, we both have open minds and Crystal "gets" things where most people wouldn't. I respect her because she tells it like it is. There is no drama with her. If she has an issue, she will tell me. She won't beat around the bush about it. She won't leave snide little remarks. She says what is on her mind. If I don't like it, well that is up to me to deal with it! Usually, Crystal is a good foil for me and a great friend to have because she is the voice of reason behind the storm. She is ALWAYS there whenever I needed a friend.

Crystal no longer lives in Montreal but moved to the US. We still keep in touch on Facebook. We may not message each other every day, we may go years without talking to one and other but when we do, it is like we never left! She is one of my long time friends that I will always cherish.

Now back to her wonderful blog post. Her blog photos are flawless and she always looks gorgeous. Seeing her in her little black dress made me smile and inspired me to do my own blog post from my own very different fashion perspective regarding the little black dress.
As a corp goth, I can combine the LBD with a blazer or a cardigan. I can tone it up or tone it down to whatever suits my purpose. I can wear it with fishnet stockings or spider web ones. I can wear it with ripped up tights if that is the look I am going for. I can wear cute little shoes or big stomy boots! I can take a simple article of clothing such as the LBD and turn it into whatever the hell I want it to be! The sky is the limit! I can make it simple and wear it with a bat pendant or I can goth the shit out of it. Here is an example of me wearing the same dress!



 Another note about the LBD, If I really want to be daring, I can take a plain black dress and modify it to my liking. I can add a lace trim or turn it into a skirt if I really wanted. I am not super crafty so I will leave the huge modifications to the more experienced. I won't go there.

If you want to read more about the LBD, Gothic Beauty Magazine wrote an interesting article about it several issues back.

Thank you Crystal for your lovely post and most importantly, for being a long time friend!  

13 comments:

  1. That's a nice work outfit. You've also inspired me to start wearing belts again. Looks great with your boots. Also cool that your real life friend blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That comment means a lot to me because that belt didn't fit me last year. Now it does! It is on the first available loop but it fits, haha!

      Delete
  2. Very cute!

    Crystal sounds like a great friend! It is great when eberyone is unique in their own wsy and accepts everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I am very lucky to have her as a friend

      Delete
  3. I love little black dresses and am forever modding clothes.

    Your patent docs are awesome ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always believe in giving the girl the right pair of shoes, in this case boots so she could take on the world!

      Delete
  4. Crystal sounds like the best kind of friend :D

    Also, you look beautiful! Love how you styled the look on the right with the belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! Crystal truly is an amazing friend. I am so lucky!

      Delete
  5. It`s funny how some of the best friends are the ones we see the least I`m the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is. It makes life more interesting

      Delete
  6. Real friendship does not care about distance so I am sure that friendship of yours will last <3! And lady, you look amazing and make me wish I could wear black dresses to work as well XD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...