Monday, October 19, 2015

Declairing temporary insanity and another manic monday!


 I had a migraine from hell on Sunday morning. I think the drastic weather changes here (ie snow in the morning, warm in the afternoon and then cool at night) was the culprit.

By the time my son Philip went to bed, I declared temporary insanity. I desperately needed some "me time". This means I locked myself in the washroom, played Loreena Mckennitt, took a bath while dying my hair. I also gave myself a facial since my skin was all gross from being sick. Here I am at the sink, in my bra, coloring my hair black, when my son walks in to use the toilet. He sees me, stops, has a funny expression on his face then proceeds to ask "are you getting ready for Halloween? You look scary!"

Fast forward to today, Monday. I planned on wearing a dress (easy) because we all know I hate Mondays but my plans soon went to hell in a hand basket. As I was styling my hair, my husband noticed that there was a lot of hair dye still on my neck! I forgot to use a towel while I was putting hair dye the day before! Most of my clothes are in the wash and the clock is ticking. I opted for my turtle neck and my hippie skirt. Tonight, I am going to go looking for some scarves or something to wear for the rest of the week.

I also get to my son's school and realize it was a ped day. There is the babysitting service and most kids do not require a uniform on these days. Philip was pretty pissed off considering he showed up in uniform. I felt like such a bad parent.

I noticed later today too that I still had hair dye on my ears. I have decided, next time I declare temporary insanity and want to dye my hair, I am going to make an appointment at the hair dresser's! I am done! What a mess!

To make matters worse, my throat is starting to feel scratchy.

Let's hope the rest of the week goes better.




17 comments:

  1. Love the hippie skirt, I have had a couple of similar ones in the past! Hippie skirt used to be part of my go-to Goth look! Now I want a new one, lol!

    I love Loreena!

    Hope all the sickness goes away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. I am not surprised you like Loreena too and that only makes you that much more awesome!

      Delete
  2. Get well soon! And for the ears and neck, I think that your outfit and hairdo perfectly covers it up. Don't worry, nobody will are too much...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe many have been feeling a little out of place due to the weather. It is the same here, really cold in the morning and hot in the evening!
    I love the skirt! I need to get in the mood of wearing dresses and skirts again, but I feel too comfortable in pants at work!

    unknownprettylies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone who was temporarily insane, you sure look great! Lol! Love this outfit!!! I have three rules for declaring temporary insanity: no scissors, no hair dye, no tweezers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are very excellent rules. I think I shall apply them in the future. Thank you Tanya for the compliment

      Delete
  5. Aww. Sounds like a terrible start to your week... Hope it's better now. Just put some Vaseline around your hairline before you color... That's what the salon is going to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah cool! Awesome! Thanks for the advice :)

      Delete
  6. What a way to start the week! I hope it's all up from here. And I've totally tried to deliver my kids on off-days, or more often just as I'm leaving after picking them up the staff say something like "remember we are closed tomorrow", and then have to spend the evening in a mad dash to either get a babysitter or get the day off work. Parenting is hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reassurance Kara, that is very comforting.

      Delete
  7. I hope you're feeling better. Love the hippie skirt (surprise!), too. What is a ped day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A ped day is when the kids have no school but I think the teachers go in.

      Delete
  8. ooooh yes, i always had colored ears before i shaved my sides XD but what when the insanity hits at nighttimes? o_O there will be no hairdressers available?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...