Monday, September 28, 2015

The dreaded pop figurines - part III

I apologize for the lack of blogging. I try to keep a schedule of 3 days per week (Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays - sometimes Saturday if I cannot do a Friday post). Lately, I have been blogging bi-weekly and really taking the weekends to unwind. I don't know if anyone has noticed or anything but it bothers me!  My personal life has been hectic. I am helping Philip adjust to school and believe it or not, it is an adjustment for me too!

With all kinds of personal stuff going on, there is no therapy quite like retail therapy. Sometimes a girl just has to brush herself off and hold her head high. I feel a huge sigh of relief that I survived the storm but now I am picking up the pieces, bit by bit. Here are some pictures of the latest Pop figurines I have purchased since my last post. Looking at these cute little guys does bring a smile on my face and allows me to forget all the crap that annoys me.

When looking at these figurines, please make sure you follow these instructions, it is very important, your life could depend on it! DON'T BLINK! THEY ARE FAST! FASTER THAN YOU CAN EVER BELIEVE! DON'T TURN AWAY, DON'T TURN YOUR HEAD AND DON'T BLINK! GOOD LUCK! - Doctor Who fans would get it :)

From left to right: Chewbacca, Han Solo, Dalek, Weeping Angel!

Even my son got on board, he got some Pop figurines for his birthday and loves them too. He has a Batman, a minion (King Bob!), the Joker, and the Hulk. He really loves comic characters.

Speaking of geekery, I recently had a meeting at Philip's school to find out the curriculum for the whole year. We did speak to his teacher afterwards because I was curious to see how he was doing. He is apparently very talkative, he is cute but he needs to work on his fine motor skills. She gave us a few tricks (hand exercises) but obviously, he doesn't want to do them so I made it fun. I told him that we were Daleks and the position of our hands were to make the egg beater thing they use as arms. We point our hands at each other and yell "exterminate". We do crafts and use scissors as practice. We got playdough at home so I feel like in no time, he will be up to par. In my house, we do geek and we do it well!

Oh and now is time for my quote and tagging of three bloggers. I was originally tagged by Just Keep Brains and I need to put up a quote and tag three people for 3 days. Today's quote is a picture I found online because I felt like the picture that goes along with the quote I wanted to use would be perfect. This is something I was tempted to do at work a few times but never would! In honor of my Han Solo figurine, I present you with this:


and now Gothic Soulflower, Appy Talk, and Adventures Of Lexington, it's your turn. I tagged you!

11 comments:

  1. I posted my last quote earlier today. I'm free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited the Star Wars Identities exhibition this weekend and could admire Han Solo's and Chewbacca's costumes there! Really impressive!

    And the cute little details on your figurines are swoonworthy, I love them although I don't collect anything besides sewing patterns and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SOOOOOO jeaous of you right now!

      Delete
  3. So that's what those figurines are! One of the cubicles by the break room has a bunch stacked up on the wall and always kind of wondered

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your coworker sounds awesome! Can I come work with you?

      Delete
  4. Oh, that Weeping Angel!! ♥
    They're definitely my favourite Doctor Who creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been a fan of the Pop-figures before, but I think maybe I need that Dalek. I love how you play geeky games with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Playdough still eists? I loved it sooooo much :-D
    Playing some games and crafting probably is the best way to improve his fine motor skills but I think some things just need their time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Weeping Angel Doctor Who figurine is everything cool :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha I forgot that boring conversation line, that was gold!

    I cannot get started collecting those figurines, there is something in me that is prone to addiction to pretty things!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...