Monday, September 21, 2015

Easy cake decorating for beginners - A product review of E-bay seller "From 0 to 14"

My son Philip is a huge Scooby Doo fanatic and after calling every single grocery store/bakery in my area, I decided to resort to the Internet. I wanted him to have a Scooby Doo cake for his birthday. Sure, he has other interests but Scooby Doo holds a very special place in his heart. I really wanted him to have a Scooby cake for his 5th birthday.


I resorted to the Internet and went on E-bay. I came across a local Canadian seller by the name of From 0 to 14. I found a really neat edible Scooby Doo frosting sheet! This is a FANTASTIC seller and I am definitely going to be purchasing more frosting sheets in the future!

The delivery was very quick and the communication with the seller was very pleasant and professional. Within moments of making my purchase, the seller contacted me asking me whether or not I would like my frosting sheet personalized.

Once I received the product, I was impressed! The image on my frosting sheet was identical to the one I saw online! The instructions that were included were well detailed and I had no worries about decorating my son's cake. The item was very well packaged and there was a sticker on the envelope that advised the postal workers to not bend it!

Once the cake was prepared and frosted with regular icing, I was ready to use the sheet.  At first. I had some difficulty with getting the frosting off the plastic sheet but the instructions said I could put it in the freezer for a few minutes. Once I took the sheet out of the freezer, I had no problems with the removal! It was so easy.

Needless to say, Philip was VERY happy with his cake. I beamed with pride when his eyes lit up and he exclaimed "Scooby! Look everyone! I got a Scooby Doo cake just like what I always dreamed of! Thank you mommy for getting me a Scooby cake!"

Sorry about the photo quality. It was hard to snap a picture (and do it quickly) with family members who want to converse with you and to do it without the birthday boy watching. I wanted Philip to be surprised and boy, was he ever! It was worth the hustle! The things we do for our kids, eh?




4 comments:

  1. Did the cake taste like Scooby Snacks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I miss those days of special birthday cakes! It IS important to them - good job indeed, mum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha <3 i can immagine him being happy about his scooby cake :-D it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...