Monday, August 17, 2015

The return home

Since becoming a mother, I rarely have time to go out and I guess it is like that for most people. You have kids, they get sick or you are just plain too tired to do anything.

On Saturday night, I went out to an 80's/New Wave/ Industrial night that takes place every couple of months here in my city and now that my son is older, I am definitely going to do it more! I had so much fun and I recognized some familiar faces! I even met new people, which is always nice. The DJ delivered and the dance floor was packed.  It was nice to see the whole place packed with people too and it restored my faith in the goth scene over here. It is not dying!  Despite not fully participating to any goth event for many, many years due to many reasons (ie. went normal, had a kid, personal) it really felt like I was home and never really left. Just like the other handful of times I went out, I was welcomed back in open arms. People were friendly and kind, just like back in the Old Days and it was nice to see that things didn't change.

As most of you can tell by reading this blog, my outfits are usually basic (and easy) for work. It was nice to finally pull out a few items I stashed away for the evening. I am actually looking forward to going out AGAIN and seeing a new friend I recently made. We both not only painted the town red but black as well!

I forgot the age old rule: Boots before corset!

I like my makeup and expression here




15 comments:

  1. You look very pretty and it sounds like you had a great time. It's nice to get out once in a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, it was nice to get out!

      Delete
  2. You look lovely, and sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a lot of fun! I was under a lot of stress and it was good to go out and unwind a bit

      Delete
  3. I do hope you get to go more to goth clubs (without child getting sick etc. ;) )! That shorter hair looks great and that outfit compliments it really nice! Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade, I hope so too! I am loving my hair like this. It is so easy to style!

      Delete
  4. You're a goth princess!

    I'm glad you had a good time, was rejuvenated and had some of your faith restored. You can't just be a mom all the time, you need to be Sylvie too sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this! I actually was editing up the last bit of a blog post about that which I published last night! Thanks Darling!

      Delete
  5. Being a mother always comes first, but it's good to get out and let your hair down once in a while.
    You look fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was nice to get out! Freeeeeedom!

      Delete
  6. This makes me want to get dolled up and head to the club myself. I haven't been in years myself (though it feels like yesterday!) And I'm not even a mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous! That hair suits you! I never go to clubs as much as I would like! They are far away and I get tired, used to going to bed early and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regarding death of the goth scene its something that's been happening all over. But really, I should say dealth of the alternative scene is occurring in uk. With limited rock nights and rubbish alternative clothing stores.All i have to say is thank the gods for charity shops and thrift stores

    ReplyDelete
  9. all gothed up <3 you look soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! You looks so beautiful! Fantastic Outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...