Friday, August 14, 2015

Product review: L'Oréal Preference Mousse -Reusable Permanent Hair color

I noticed that my blonde roots were showing. My hair grows really fast and this is a pain in the butt  so yesterday I purchased a box of L'Oréal Preference Mousse - Reusable Permanent Hair color in black (naturally). I have been waiting a really long time to see this particular brand of dye in black and I jumped for joy when I saw it on the store shelves yesterday. I thought this would be the perfect dye for me because it is reusable (perfect for root touch ups) and I was more than willing to pay the higher price for it. Normally, I can get hair dye for about $7 to $10 (Canadian sale prices) but this dye was about $20 Canadian dollars, taxes included. A little more expensive than the other kinds but I thought I was still saving money because I can re-use it again. Considering my hair is short, I was hoping to get at least 3 uses out of it.

This is what the box looks like
What I liked about the dye was the fact that it came with two sets of BLACK gloves and a removable head so you can close it for storage. Be careful when pressing the button to get the dye out, it shoots out fast! Some of it flew across the room! It did not smell super strong and it was a mousse so no annoying dye running down your face.

The cap can be removed and replaced with a dispenser for use.
What I disliked: It did not cover my roots at all. It left my hair super oily and gross. I followed the instructions to the letter and the only part that looked black was my the rest of my hair. It seemed darker but it could be from all the oil. Gross! I made sure my hair was clean and had no products in it prior to putting the dye in it. I think this is a horrible product.I know not everyone is the same but personally, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. It is a waste of money! Now, I have to re-do my hair now but first I need to go wash out the oil. Blech!

This is after the dye. WTF?

My hair is all oily, just gross! Yuck!


The only one who is having a good hair day is Philip. He didn't really want his picture taken but trust me, he no longer looks like a shaggy dog. He is the only one between the two of us who is having a good hair day! Check out his cool Lego Star Wars T-shirt too!

9 comments:

  1. that's a real bummer. There's obviously no lifting agent, which is why you didn't mix anything and why it didn't color your hair. Why would they bill it as a "permanent" color?? It's basically just manic panic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL at least with Manic Panic it sort of works on natural blonde hair (I know it works better on bleached) this stuff didn't even stick but left my hair in a horrible greasy mess. What a waste of money! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  2. Nice idea but sucks that it doesn't work. You look so unhappy in your picture. I'm sorry but it totally made me giggle. You're always smiling but that was the look of death ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a BUMMER!! I hope you e-mail L'Oreal and let them know what a nasty experience you had... AND put a review on their website!

    And I have to agree with Goth Gardener, that really WAS the Look of Death on your face in those pics. If someone looked at ME like that, I'd run away. Very fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I guess I don't always have a resting friendly face!

      Delete
    2. Ha ha ha. I agree with Lucretia. Email them! You'll probably even get a refund or at least a coupon for another product.

      Delete
  4. I don't colour my hair any longer, but I tried different colours and also had some experiences like yours. You should also avoid Olia Colour, this worked not a single bit on my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pain! Interestingly enough the dye I have always had the most problem with lasting is black, maybe because it has the least peroxide in it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...