Friday, August 7, 2015

Geeky Tee Friday

I already wore this shirt for my May 4th post but it is one of my favorites. I love Princess Leia from Star Wars. In fact, one of the many things that appeal to me in the Sci-fi/fantasy fandoms are the strong female leads. Princess Leia is pretty badass. She managed to kill Jabba the Hutt with the very chains he enslaved her with and she was the one who saved the love of her life!

Strong female leads are not only seen in Star Wars but in Doctor Who, Buffy The Vampire Slayer was pretty badass, and I enjoyed watching Ripley from the Aliens movie kick ass on screen. These are only but a few examples and it is always refreshing to see such strong female leads.

As you can tell, this is one of my favourite t-shirts!

I also participated in geeky tee-friday a couple of weeks ago where I showed off my Hello Kitty/Riversong shirt. I want to thank Lynoire, blogger at Space Unicorn again for posting about this event because it is a lot of fun! It gives me a great excuse to dress more casual, especially on a Friday. Plus, I get to pull out all my t-shirts and possibly buy more!

Are you into Sci-fi and/or fantasy? If so, which ones?

17 comments:

  1. Pretty cute Sylvie. I have the same tee. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! You should participate too!

      Delete
  2. Ah, cute shirt! I NEED TO SEE STAR WARS, everyone acts like I missed out on a childhood for not seeing it :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I will! I have plenty of geeky tees to show off. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you do! It would be fun!

      Delete
  4. Seems like space operas are making a comeback with the new Star wars film, which I'm totally going to see. I'm still very into urban fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. space operas? I got to check these out

      Delete
    2. that's the general term for big, epic stories that take place in space, like Dune, the Star Wars saga, Star Trek...basically if it takes place in space and it's going to take days of your life to read/watch.

      Delete
    3. Ha! I never heard that term before. My husband explained it to me too. I am glad that they are making a comeback!

      Delete
    4. thanks for the explanation as well :)

      Delete
  5. Aaaaaw, that t - shirt is awesome! ^^
    I'm into both genres and a whole bunch of fandoms from LoTR to Star Trek. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are into all kinds of fandoms here too. We love LOTR and have two cats called Merry and Pippin. We are trekkies but are more into Star Wars.

      Delete
  6. Yay for Star wars, awesome Tee! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tee!!! And may I just say again how much I adore your shorter hair. It's so pretty and becoming!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. that smile! and well, i think every movie / series that has some thought through storyline and characters is great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...