Monday, July 13, 2015

Perky goth

The other day, I posted about my Hello Kitty obsession. Today, I am going to post about the bane of a lot of goth people's existence: The Perky Goth! I figured the Hello Kitty and the perky goth topic sort of go hand in hand and if you haven't figured it out yet, I fit into the perky goth category.

I admit it, I am a perky goth. I am not all doom and gloom all the time. I have an upbeat personality. I don't take things too seriously and I don't understand how people could get so butt hurt over trivial things. I can be hyper and sometimes loud when I am comfortable enough around people. If I am in a group and don't know anyone, I can be quiet and in my corner. Once I get over that initial social anxiety and have a few drinks in my system, watch out! I am usually the one at the party who is bouncing around the room making jokes with everyone, even to those sitting in the corner, sulking!

If this makes me ungoth, then fine. If this makes me annoying, that's fine too. In fact if someone is going to judge me because I am full of life or because I am not sullen enough to their liking, then by all means, go right ahead. I have no interest becoming friends with someone like that.

I found this on deviant art. I do not know who this artist is but please contact me and I will be more than happy to credit your work.


Life is too short and since coming back to goth, I realised this even more and I am happy now. Happy that I can be me and liberated that I gave up on being someone I really wasn't, in fact I didn't like that old boring "normal" Sylvie very much or respected her either. Being myself, in full goth splendor makes me happy. It puts an extra spring in my step. By embracing the macabre, I also learned to embrace life. You only have one life, make the best of it and most importantly, live it for you. After all, isn't part of being goth also being a non-conformist? Being goth is the most liberating thing I have ever done and I refuse to be someone that caters to someone else's image whether it is to be normal or mopey.

13 comments:

  1. Total agree with your philosophy; through truly embracing the darker side and simply laughing at death, we appreciate every minuscule second of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Presently, I'm a combo lazy, PJ and lethargic goth, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit of a PerkyGoth myself :) I have a Hello Kitty Frankenstein figure I think you'd looooove....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I would love to have a Hello Kitty Frankenstein figurine!

      Delete
  4. You be you. Your joy is contagious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you are not the only one who has told me that :p

      Delete
  5. I believe that the whole point of an "alternative" lifestyle is that you can be who you want and do what you want. So "perk" away, and enjoy it!! (I think I'm probably at least a bit perky myself, like Abby in "NCIS".)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I relate a lot to Abby from NCIS. I am a lot like that at work, especially the way she interacts with her coworkers. :p

      Delete
  6. Ooohh me, too! In my teen goth years and with my perpetual goth side (I swear, it's there!), I'm perky goth pretty much all the way. Like yourself, I'm just such a chipper, optimistic person in general, not even my gothiness can suppress that. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool :) I'm pretty darn perky (most days). When I was young I thought the other goth girls were better than me because they didn't smile so much. Now I know that it isn't a competition. Some of us smile; some of us don't :D <-- intentionally inserting silly perky smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore perky Goths, I think I am often one, despite my anxiety!

    ReplyDelete
  9. actually i love all my friends and all the people i follow somewhere, the dark-as-hell-goths, the sparkling unicorns and everything in between :-P just do what you feel comfortable with (BUT you have to continue blogging.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...