Monday, July 6, 2015

Of being danger prone Sylvie and a garden update

Everytime I plan on doing a post about my garden, I always try to find a funny/cute story to share. I don't know how many people are interested in garden photos so I figured if I wrote a silly story to add to the pictures, I make people laugh too instead of just boring them!

I made some additions to my garden. I blame this on a family member who gave me two new cucumber plants that I just had to plant right away! I caught the gardening bug and I hit the stores buying more flowers. The more colorful ones are my son, Philip's. I let him choose some flowers. I know he picked seeds too and it maybe a little late in the season but I am all for satisfying his curiosity, especially when it comes to nature! We had fun planting them together. So far, this gardening stuff is a lot of fun and I do plan on doing it again next year! Not bad for a city girl!



Getting creative here. I realized why should I limit one type of flower per container? I hate my balcony though. Look at the rust. I hope the ladlady fixes it :(

I have no clue what I planted here. Still no flowers. The one on the right had some flowers, I think it is about to die.

Herb garden on the back balcony. It is so much nicer than the front

Don't be a n00b like me. Write down what you are planting from seed. I think they maybe little pumpkin sprouts. They grew over night.

I need to pull out the weeds.

Tomatoes amongst the weeds. The plants were so small when I got them.

Some cucumbers, pepper and celery plants amongst the weeds. I need to get rid of this.


Now for the Danger Prone Sylvie part. I am a natural klutz. I can trip over my own two feet while standing still! In fact, there was even a time I considered changing the name to this blog to Danger Prone Sylvie but I realized so many people already know me as the Little Corp Goth Girl so I decided against it. Who knows, maybe one day I will win the lottery or become a successfully published author and won't be a corp goth anymore?

Back to my story, it all started last night. I was about to turn on the water hose to water my plants. I lost my footing. As I was stumbling to regain my bearings and not realizing the nozzle was pointed towards me, I sprayed myself right in the face! It took a few moments to fully come to terms over what happened but then I laughed really hard until I was practically crying. You can laugh too dear readers, I know I certainly did!


11 comments:

  1. i will join you on falling over your own feet while standing still and still yes, had to laugh. but i also think the rust doesnt look ugly, i like places that wont look too new. new stuff does not share as many stories as old stuff! (and i actually was thinking of NOT writing down what i plant next year, instead maybe will only write down what group needs much sun and what group of seeds needs less, sounds like a fun surprise! (and still looks great even when you dont know YET what it will be!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and glad to hear I am not the only one!

      Delete
  2. Awww, I hope the hose wasn't on full blast when you sprayed yourself - that would've hurt! Plants are looking good though! I envy people with green thumbs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I dont think the hose was really strong, I guess that was a good thing

      Delete
  3. Don't worry about being clumsy, clumsy is probably my second name... Recently I was walking to a shop with my boyfriend and stumpled upon my own feet! My boyfriend started laughing about me, but then choked on his own saliva... ^^ I guess we are just made for one another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you two are perfect for each other :)

      Delete
  4. That sounds like the kind of thing that happens to me!

    Be careful not to lean on that balcony rail! Looks dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am careful. Knowing my luck, I would go tumbling down!

      Delete
  5. Hee Hee. That happens :) I don't always label what I plant either. A friend recent mentioned that that's why it's gardening and not landscaping! I liked that. Sometimes it's a surprise. Some seeds grow; some don't. Keep going! Your garden looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is really taking off, that's awesome! How lovely that you've got some cucumbers now. They're one of my favourite veggies ever and I usually eat 2 - 3 a week all year round.

    I hope that you guys had a great Canada Day and that this month is off to a wonderful start for you!

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ones at the back there sure look like pumpkin seeds, but I can't tell about the ones in front. I didn't plant pumpkins this year, but I look forward to seeing my blog friends'!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...