Friday, July 31, 2015

Feel good Friday

About two weeks ago, I cut off over 10 inches of my hair. I donated my hair to an organization called Locks Of Love. The other day, I received an e-mail from this organization thanking me for my donation. They sent me a certificate in PDF form, I cannot seem to upload here unfortunately but I thought it was really nice of them!

Ironically enough, a friend of mine also shared a video clip on his Facebook page earlier this week. The footage is about what happens to your hair after you donate it and it is from a different organization than Locks Of Love. I may just look into this one the next time I plan on donating my hair. Watching this video only confirmed how happy I was when I had my own hair cut and I gave my hair to charity. I will most probably grow it out all over again and make another donation later on. We shall see, I could always change my mind!  It took me about two years to grow it out and a lot can change in that time! Below is the video that was shared.



that was my hair!




10 comments:

  1. See I wanted to do this but my hair was fried from dyeing it too much. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. The smile on that little girls face...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, eh? I said the same thing when I first saw this video

      Delete
  3. Such a wonderful cause!
    My partner cut off his ponytail, I'll have to show him this post.
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much for doing this!!! I support this organization 100% and really appreciate all the more as someone with hair loss who wear a wig (though I've not worked with Locks of Love in that regard) that you did such a generous thing.

    Big hugs & happy start of August wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two years? Your hair grows fast! It took me about 4 years to get mine long, although I didstart from 1 inch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i dont think i would have the patience ever again to grow my hair that long (plus i dont want to let thesidecut go...) butfor sure this should be something to talk about more!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...