Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A new obsession - the dreaded stupid Pop Figurines

Thanks to my niece who is an avid collector of Pop figurines, I got hooked. To be honest, I used to think they were silly, even kind of stupid at first until I realized that they made Doctor Who ones (still have not found any yet) and World Of Warcraft ones.

You see, this new found addiction started when my niece pointed out the Star Wars Pop collection. My first Pop Figurine I ever bought was Figrin D'An. Who is Figrin D'an? In the first Star Wars movie "A New Hope", the moment Luke Skywalker and Obiwan walk into this Cantina/bar, you see a bunch of alien dudes playing this trippy music. Figrin D'an is the leader of that band playing the catchy tune! I only found out that these guys have names because the names of the characters are written on the Pop Figurine box and thanks to a Wikipedia search! Here is the link to the Wikipedia page if you are interested. Even as a kid, I loved those alien dudes playing music and I just HAD to take him home! See where this is going?

Once I got home from purchasing my Cantina Dude, I remembered seeing Thrall and Lady Sylvanast (World of Warcraft) there too. I regretted not buying them but I refused to spend more money on these stupid toys! I bitched so much about wanting a Thrall Pop Figurine because Thrall is just so awesome that my loving husband bought me one the next day. I was hooked like a fish!

If I had my way, I would buy a hell of a lot more BUT luckily for me, the store near my house only carries certain ones and most of them are not my cup of tea. I like to think that I am too busy and too stubborn to go out of my way for these stupid things! I refuse to look at them online too because the fun is going out and finding them! It really is like finding a lost hidden treasure. I think this is what is so appealing to me about these figurines. I have friends and family members who promised me they will buy the ones I am REALLY longing for should they ever come across them! My goals are to find Doctor Who and Link from the videogame The Legend Of Zelda. I would be very, VERY happy if I ever did get one of these! I am hoping to get Tom Baker (4th Doctor) but any Doctor Who related one would make my little geeky heart sing! 

My advice: DO NOT START BUYING THESE TOYS BECAUSE IT WILL NEVER END!

I am sure you can tell that at this point, I am totally screwed!



From left to right: Thrall, Lady Sylvanast, Murloc, Alice

Alice, Frigin D'An (Aka Cantina Dude) and Yoda!





15 comments:

  1. I hope they won't destroy you completely! :D This was a cute and lovely post, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Figrin D'an and the Cantina band! But fortunately I'll not collect figurines. I learned the hard way that I hate to dust stuff on my shelves, so I don't buy anything purely decorative any longer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah dusting is a bitch. That is why most of my Hello Kitty stuff is put away!

      Delete
  3. Yeah I try to avoid collectible things because I am that "gotta have em all" type person...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I am like that too. You should have seen me when Pokemon came out.

      Delete
  4. Aaaaaw, I'm not a fan of pop figurines, but I must admit, that Sylvanas looks really cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sylvanas is really cool and I love her character in WOW.

      Delete
  5. Lol. I have some too! I collect the horror movie themed ones though. I have freddy Krueger, Jason Vorhees, Michael, and Leatherface. Freddy is in my kitchen. I also have Maleficent. But that's all so far. Living Dead Dolls are far more dangerous! I have a collection of those too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL now I want the horror ones too! I didn't even see those ones! *facepalm* I am totally screwed! I like those Living Dead Dolls too

      Delete
  6. I had the cantina band action figures when I was a kid. The moment you mentioned them I got the sung stuck in my head.
    My local shop actually has both the fourth and ninth doctor, but I think I'll stay away from them anyway. I tend to go overboard when I start collecting something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky! Those cantina band action figures sound really cool! I got the song stuck in my head too whenever I think of the cantina. You are so lucky that your shop carries those figures.

      Delete
  7. Oh what!? I Love World of Warcraft and 'NEED' these! The Murloc is adorable!

    Alice is really cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! Don't do it LOL! I love the Murloc and Alice is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the warning! i still have a few on my wishlist, maybe should not get them *lol*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...