Wednesday, June 24, 2015

of growing things

A couple weeks ago, I posted about losing my garden virginity and I am happy to announce that my plants are doing fine and are growing really well! Only one flowering plant died! I think it was not enough water that did it. Here are some photos of my flowers on my front balcony.


the one in the middle kicked the bucket, lol

Two of these have no flowers yet and I am curious to see what grows since I have no clue, The other one is not wilting, there were some dark purple flowers on it. There is new growth .
and here is a close up

It is a lot of fun and it is raining a lot this year so I don't feel guilty when I forget to go water them!
I do have a funny story about watering plants. A couple of days ago, I was on my front balcony watering my flowers when this car slows down. I look over and I see this woman staring at me. I figured, I do live on a busy street (it is a main street) she is probably just looking for an address. Nope, she comes to a complete halt right in front of my place and is staring right at me. I knew she was staring at me because my front balcony is pretty high up and she was looking in my direction.  I figured it was perhaps I was outside in my pyjamas. I just smiled and waved at her. For some odd reason, she drove off rather quickly! I guess she didn't like my Jack Skellington boxer shorts! Seriously, who doesn't go outside in the summer in their pjs?

That same day, since I am still not 100% healthy yet, (I am recovering from a sinus infection and bronchitis) I get tired and cranky easily. It was getting close to my son's bedtime so he gets into these weird moods. Every two seconds he kept asking me questions. It was mommy this and mommy that. I declared temporary insanity and decided to go water my vegetable garden out back and my husband got to give him his bath. I needed a break!

As I was taking my time watering my vegetable garden, I hear knocking. My son's bedroom window overlooks my backyard. He managed to escape the bath tub to go running into his room, in his birthday suit no less to run to his window. There he was, waving and smiling at me with his junk pressed to the window. I couldn't help it. I just stood there and laughed until I had tears coming down. Such the innocence of youth! I wish I had my camera.

7 comments:

  1. How in the world did I miss your losing your garden virginity post! Going back to read now.

    Your plants are beautiful! And the story about your son... hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers look great! I am sure a lot of people have seen me in my pjs! Not as cute as your though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a black thumb, most plant die in my vicinity... But yours look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fantastic!!! Your flowers are thriving and look so pretty. There's just something about love blooms that makes a house feel so much more homey and connected with Mother Nature. I hope that they continue to do well and bring you joy all season long.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. for some reason we never could get annuals to last very long. cute story about your son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing all those awesome family moments with us :-D and well, sometimes flowers die :-/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...