Friday, June 26, 2015

From blue to purple

I used up the blue Manic Panic in my hair and I decided it was time for a color change! I re-bleached my two strands and applied the purple Manic Panic I purchased a while back. I am VERY happy with the result. I did re-apply some more color the next day because I think I didn't leave it in long enough the day before. There wasn't enough "oomph" for my liking, I decided to take pictures of the process. So here you go! Warning, pic heavy!

Before it faded out. Remember Manic Panic is semi permanent and it can fade out fast. I wash my hair often which means it washes out quickly!

Before the bleach. A rare pic of me with no makeup. Look how it faded!

The ends are pretty much all washed out.

With bleach in. Stupid glasses were slipping off! I should get those adjusted. I love this pic!

Almost all gone!

Love my expression here! This is the first time I re-did . Not enough oomph!

and the final result!

I hate this shot but I wanted to show you all the spot on my neck. I made sure to keep it well hidden at work! I re-touched my hair this morning when I woke up, before my morning coffee no less! Go me! Now that you know, shhhh! Don't tell anyone!

20 comments:

  1. It looks perfect! Love how vivid it is. Has manic panic improved their quality? About time. It used to do absolutely nothing to my hair. Love your necklaces too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I never had any issues with Manic Panic even 10-15, hell even 20 years ago (man, I feel old!) but I guess to each their own? I remember the fire engine red fading fast but red is known to do that.

      Delete
  2. Blue is a b*tch to keep up! I loved Special Effects hair colours for blue, green and purple, they kept well to my hair. I had to redye because of growth, not because the colour was fading...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never tried Special Efffects but I heard good things about them. I am old, from the generation where I used Kool Aid to dye my hair different colors then Manic Panic came out and I was in heaven. I just stuck with it since.

      Delete
  3. It looks lovely! I think this colour suits you better. I feel your pain about the neck splotches, I always get those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks and glad to hear I am not the only one who gets neck splotches! We should join a club :)

      Delete
  4. I have been thinking about doing this for a while - getting one or two purple streaks, and maybe even dying my hair black. It's been almost 20 years, but now that I'm selling my store I don't have to "keep up appearances" anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks gorgeous! I think it even looks better than blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like the purple a lot better than blue too!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful!!! I like both equally, but feel the the purple might suit your colouring even more nicely. These streaks are sooo cool and really do look awesome on you.

    Have a fabulous first weekend of summer!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, and it is clever to be able to keep it hidden at work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmmmm purple. I love it! It suits you. And that spot on your neck is why I never attempt to colour my own hair. I would have at least twenty of those. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great!! I think this is a perfect way to use bright colours without reising eyebrows too much and you still look very corporate :-) Clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaw, that's a gorgeous shade of purple! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. do you have a dm in your country? alverde sells wet cosmetic tissues with rose scent and they will get every hairdye stain away, purple looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...