Monday, June 1, 2015

Bat fit update, a wake up call and how I flip the bird at my Wii fit!

http://thecuriousprofessorz.blogspot.ca
I had a wake up call. The migraines were part of it as I recently posted about here. Considering I increased my water intake,  I figured I should also change my diet a little. I noticed that my thighs were bigger than they were last year. Some of my clothing felt a little more snug than usual. I don't believe in trend diets but I simply cut out junk food and replaced it with fruits and leafy greens. It has been two weeks since I made this lifestyle change and I lost weight already!

My wake up call was not only noticing that I gained weight but when I dusted off my Wii and started using my Wii fit, I realised just how bad I let myself go. Having a videogame tell you point blank that you were overweight was upsetting.

I have been walking for over an hour every night (if the weather permits). If not, I am using my wii fit. I really missed that console. I even started playing some of my old videogames!

The really sad part, there is no excuse for me to be gaining weight. I am not trying to imply that this is a bad thing but I never weighed this much in my entire life. Ever. It is a big thing for me, I am not happy with the way I look so I am taking care of myself by eating right and by cutting back on the junk food. Don't get me wrong, I still eat sweets and fries and such, I just limit myself.

What is helping me is by keeping track of what I eat all day long.  I am actually writing down what I eat and how many calories it was. I think one of the reasons why I gained so much (we are talking 20 pounds here) was because I would forget about that cupcake I had at work then would go out to Mcdonald's or order in food for supper. I never ate much but I was definitely eating the wrong things.

 I am losing weight, slowly but surely and I am already feeling better. I do get migraines but because I was getting them so often was never normal.  I think I was getting so many migraines because it was my body's way of telling me that I need to change my eating habits. I am feeling much better already!

I still drink wine on my balcony at night when it is warm enough and I still have treats but by making better food choices and by counting calories (see your doctor before your start) is helping me.

I do have a short term goal. Once my son starts elementary school in the fall and considering I will soon no longer be able to take those evenings walks, I plan on using this change of routine in a positive light. My work has a gym, showers and fresh towels. I am going to start using it a couple of mornings every week! I will continue to use my Wii fit. I now have a personal vendetta against that game. Almost every time I step on the scale, it says "oh". I always get the impression the thing is getting crushed by my weight! The fact that it tells me I am overweight too pisses me off so now I have to prove it wrong! Once the screen is no longer telling me that I am overweight and will be set to "normal", I am going to take a photo. I think it is funny that I will be equated to being normal!

Now that I am posting this online, it does help keep me accountable. So thanks guys for reading.

Here are some credentials that my routine is working for me. This skirt was a bit snug (I checked and tried it on when i wasn't bloated and it was still snug so it wasn't because of feminine issues, just a fat arse!) and I stopped wearing it! I love my Hell Bunny skirt!I have posted pics of me wearing this skirt in the past. I think I love it so much because it was the first article of goth clothing I bought when I came back a couple of years ago. I get sentimental that way.

Let's ignore the Hello Kitty on the floor, shall we? Ignore the blue mark on my arm too, my son gave me a "tattoo" with his marker. I forgot about it, LOL

It fits and I can breathe!  I don't need to suck in my gutt either!

And because my camera sucks. Taken from the Hellbunny website.

13 comments:

  1. Unfortunally, hun thats life as we grow wiser and older sometime we grow wider , sadly.

    I think you're being to hard on yourself; despite never meeting you in person, your gorgeous and gregarious. sometimes while excercising it may create wider thighs of muscle. I know from experience when I was studying to be a surgical nurse lifting heavy opthaedic trays I ended up with biceps larger than popeyes. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunally, hun thats life as we grow wiser and older sometime we grow wider , sadly.

    I think you're being to hard on yourself; despite never meeting you in person, your gorgeous and gregarious. sometimes while excercising it may create wider thighs of muscle. I know from experience when I was studying to be a surgical nurse lifting heavy opthaedic trays I ended up with biceps larger than popeyes. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, perhaps I am going hard on myself. I just am not comfortable with the way I look at the moment. I am combining cardio and strength training. So far, I am pleased with the results. A little exercise and eating healthy never hurt anyone :)

      Delete
  3. I think you look fab. I love your Dr Martens :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is great to lose weight in a healthy and positive way! Sounds like you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute skirt :D and I agree with your sentiments of fad dieting, all you need to do is drink more water and eat your greens, it works for me too! People who restrict themselves too much and cut out whole food groups are setting themselves up to fail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know tons of people who have tried these fad diets. They lost TONS of weight and then stopped. A lot of them gained it all back and then some! I much rather go slow, change my eating habits a little and I am super healthy now. Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  6. I am in the exact same position as you. I've never been this big, and my body is protesting against the way that I haven't taken care of myself lately. I have just recently made a plan, and I will be writing about in on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading it. You have my full support!

      Delete
  7. even though you still look great, best of luck on achieving your goal!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...