Monday, June 22, 2015

30 Day Goth Challenge Days 13- 18


Day 13 – What was your first band t-shirt?
 
My first band t-shirt and this is really embarrassing was a New kids On The Block one. I was about 11 years old when I got it. My first REAL band t-shirt was a Metallica one at 13 years old. 

Day 14 – What was your best and worst DIY disaster.
Worst disaster -When I was about 13 I had a white fishnet top with matching shorts (it had a piece of non see through fabric underneath). My mom wouldn't let me dye it black so I stole some black spray paint from the garage and painted it. It sort of worked out but the paint can be pretty toxic on the skin and my folks made me throw it away.

Best DIY disaster - bleaching black out of my hair the day before my grad photos!

Best DIY - At age 17, I knitted a whole cape with hood. It even had an inner pocket to hide my smokes! For the record, I stopped smoking 7 years ago. I feel like that I needed to add that in here.

Day 15 – Your favourite or most expensive item in your wardrobe.
Hard to tell.I guess my favourites are all my corsets and my Doc Martens. 
 
Day 16 – What’s the most casual you’ve ever dressed?  
Right here.  I tend to wear items like these on the weekends. Easy to take my kid places like the park.
 
Look, it's my big nerdy glasses. I have prescription sunglasses that make me look less dorky by the way...


Day 17 – Your favourite Goth brand. 
Sourpuss and Hellbunny!


Day 18 – Worst hair experience.
I mentioned above. I bleached black out of it. I cut my really long hair off once to donate to  Locks of Love and the woman totally mangled it

22 comments:

  1. Okay you look adorable...ADORABLE! I like your glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I had the new kids on the block pjs and bedding stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the bedding stuff too! Hahaha!

      Delete
  3. I like your casual outfit! I like to say Metallica was my first "real" concert :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking too cute! And your DIY disaster is something that could have happened to me as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried spray painting scales onto my skin through a fishnet top once...it looked wicked cool, but it was a lot less funny when it started itching...:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I remember New Kids on the Block. My first band tee was an AC/DC one I'd printed myself :)

    You're looking fab, and not dorky at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hardcore boots with the with shorts perfect for summer, I miss wearing dm's with gypsy skirts for summer.lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I still wear DMs with gypsy skirts

      Delete
  8. Aw, I like you in glasses. Geek-chic, darling. Geek-chic. Your a bit younger than me: I was already in college and into grunge when the New Kids hit. Hmmm ... my first band t-shirt was the Blondie t-shirt I swiped from my brother. My second: DURAN DURAN! Holy smokes was I a "Simon Girl." *faint*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOOOL Blondie is awesome though and so is Duran Duran!

      Delete
  9. I remember getting a Paula Abdul night gown for a birthday gift and even at 7 was like, "WTF?" in my head. Hahahaha!! You look adorable in your glasses and in casual attire :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Paula Abdul?Oh my! That takes me back too!

      Delete
  10. The knitted hooded top sounds aeesome! Now I want to do something like that! I only know one stitch, though!

    Haha, I think we have all melted our hair once at least!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, my first band tee was NKOTB! Loved them so hard in the sixth grade. My room was vomiting all things New Kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so was my room and I was in 6th grade too!

      Delete
  12. wondering who invented the goth challenge, whoever you are i love you ^_^ those posts are definitely entertaining as hell! <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...