Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Batfit Experience

I posted a while ago about my migraines and how they are affecting my life.  Well good news! They have been less frequent these days! I started drinking more water and am taking better care of myself.  With the warmer weather, I am enjoying going out for walks every night. Monday night was no exception. It rained hard and I thought it blew over.

http://thecuriousprofessorz.blogspot.ca

I got pretty far from my house. I decided to play some Cruxshadows to keep me going.. It really was a scene from out of a movie. In a matter of seconds, the wind picked up and the sky got really dark. I thought to myself that despite being so far away from my home, I could still make it back before the downpour.  Ironically enough the song "Eye of the storm" came on and I knew I was in for it. With a blink of an eye, the rain started. "It's only a few drops, I will make it. Maybe it is the remaining drops from the trees" I innocently thought. Another few seconds go by and there went the thunderous downpour. I walked home in the rain. I did not have my house keys but lucky for me, I went to my back porch where I was semi-sheltered. My husband was completely oblivious to what was going on. I accidentally locked my back door but the window was still open. I simply hollered and I was rescued. It was all in good fun. I actually enjoyed being caught in the rain! Here are some humorous photos to commemorate the occasion.






11 comments:

  1. Wow, being drenched while listening to the Cruxshadows! I think you deserve some sort of Goth award :P

    Glad the migranes have been less bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is truly awesome to hear regarding your migraines, dear gal! I swear, I've thought (aka, worried) about you numerous times since you shared about your battle with them, as I'm a migraine fighter too and know the sheer agony that they can impart. I truly hope that the continue to improve as much as possible for you.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you very much for your lovely comment on today's blogger interview post. I super wish I had a fraction of Esther's awesome sewing skills, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am getting better. I still get them but not as frequent. I learned the early signs (aka warning signs) that a migraine is coming on. I am taking Zolmig so it stops them before the pain gets unbearable. If I can stop it early enough, no migraine hangover. If you can, you may want to check with your doc. They are expensive (about $10 per pill) but my insurance covers it! The migraine buddy app helps a lot too. I hope you are ok too

      Delete
  3. Glad your migraines are less often. One of my favourite songs is Into the Rain by Rhombus, who I am going to see on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun seeing Rhombus you lucky bug and thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of miss being caught in a downpour, unprepared. Love this post. Does the rain have any affect on your migraines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Actually the rain doesnt affect my migraines. If there is a huge shift in barometric pressure it does.

      Delete
  6. Glad you are doing better and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a strong woman to keep going through rain!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...