Friday, May 1, 2015

Cemetery of Église St-Laurent

Those native to Montréal and who attended Vanier College would know that there is a cemetery surrounding the college. I originally wanted to go to this Cegep (pre-university program here in Quebec, you do two years of Cegep after Highschool before entering University) because of the close proximity to home and the cemetery! In the end, I changed programs and opted for the college downtown because I wanted to be downtown!

Originally, Vanier College was a convent back in the late 1800's and was later converted into the Cegep in the 1960's.

The first section of the cemetery is where all the older graves are located and the  newer ones  can be found in the back. We felt pretty uncomfortable walking towards the back there on Sunday when people were visiting the graves of their loved ones.

Again, the weather was bearable and we decided visit the next local cemetery that is in close proximity to our home. This was that cemetery.

The highlight of the trip: We thought one of the mausoleum's doors were open. Upon further inspection it wasn't. My husband gave me shit because I wanted to go in! 

 Located on the right hand side, almost hidden are very modest grave markers. This is where all the nuns, priests, and monks were buried.








Oh no! They killed Santa, those bastards!



Flashdance!

this is where the nuns, priests, are buried.

Can we go now, mom?




8 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures. There is one grave near to where my parents are, that has bright football team items on it. I personally don`t think that`s fitting for a cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah personally I find that kind of tacky and I dont find that fitting as well

      Delete
  2. What a classic, beautiful cemetery. The Santa doll attached to a headstone is a first for me. I'd love to know the story behind that. Did the person adore Christmas? Pass during the holidays? Work as a mall Santa? There's so many possibilities. :)

    Wishing you an awesome week,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I wondered the same thing. It was a first for me too. Have a wonderful week too!

      Delete
  3. really nice cemetary! i was sad finding out that a cemetary i like to spend my time on has a sign that they wont allow photos there and might charge up to 3k when doing so... the little bat is not afraid of going there? good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks you cant take photos! Yeah the little bat loves going there. I think it is because he watches Scooby Doo on TV and they go to graveyards to seach for clues!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...