Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Fool's Day Shenanigans

Normally, I don't play practical jokes, especially on coworkers. Usually at work, I try to keep a distant yet professional image. I have been there for some time now and well, friendships have formed. Some even read this blog and I sort of gotten somewhat personal with some of them.

Today, I made an exception. My health these days has been poor. I have been getting an onset of chronic migraines. It was to the point, I almost went to the ER on Monday. Today, so far, has been a migraine free day. I am enjoying every pain free minute of it, which means, my lust for life has increased. Luckily for me, chocolate is not a migraine trigger so when two coworkers both offered me a chocolate bar, I was in heaven. I now have two new best friends and each of them got a hug from me. In case you haven't noticed,  I love chocolate!

I did also have some candy earlier today (again, making up for lost time) but towards the end of the afternoon, the chocolate was calling my name. I ate an entire chocolate bar in one sitting. I know it is loaded in calories but I don't care. It is chocolate and it is ALL mine!

Disclaimer: I know this clip may seem irrelevant to this post. My son is a huge Scooby Doo fan and my husband got a smug look on his face while watching this episode with him. This is pretty much how I am with chocolate, hope it makes you laugh!


Naturally, I was hyped up on sugar. I got this brilliant idea to prank my coworkers. I am not a sneaky person. I am not a good liar or good at doing anything that I am not supposed to be doing. I am like a kid, I get all giggly and anxious. Despite my lack of transparency, I managed to prank not one, not two, but three coworkers. It was quite simple. I wrote "April Fools" on a little yellow sticky note and put it underneath their computer mouse, right over the laser. When they go to use their mouse, it won't work!

I know it isn't a huge prank or anything but this was a huge accomplishment for me! One coworker knew I was up to something because I kept walking by his desk, giggling and smiling like a fool. They all appeared to be surprised when they discovered I was the culprit. 

I am sort of dreading going to work tomorrow, I am sure one of them will find a way to get back at me. If it does happen, I will be sure to keep you informed, if you choose.

I know this isn't much of a "goth related" or corp goth sort of post but I hope you were amused. Never fret dear readers, we will get back to our regular scheduled darkness filled  program shortly.


12 comments:

  1. Heheheh, VERY good prank! Didn't hurt anything or anyone, but I'll bet it made them laugh! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that at least was not one of the painful pranks :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I dont like those. Stick it to simple and fun

      Delete
  3. I LOVE april fools. Last year I snuck in a headline in the corporate news about us getting our raises in bitcoin. The joke fell on deaf ears because, as it turns out, no one reads the corporate newsletter. I didn't do anything this year--took the day off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that is a good prank, shucks no one read it!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a cool prank, I forgot it was April fools day on Wednesday. What I love about blogs is they don't always have to specifically related to the Goth aspect of us,but about what we do in our lives and that the Gothic side is apart of our nature and spirit. It's just, we have a more darker aspect on life and through this we appreciate the fragility of life. Keep the great work up Sylvie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome hun, and thanks for supporting my blog. Recently, I haven't felt very inspired to write, but hopefully, I'll get back to it soon

      Delete
    2. I am always happy to read your blog, whether you post frequently or not. The important thing is if you have fun doing it.

      Delete
  5. Did they get revenge?

    I have always been an innocent kid and yet always got blamed for everything! I don't know why! So much so that I still half believe I will be blamed for a bank robbery or murder one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they didn't get revenge. LOl that you got blamed for everything

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...