Friday, April 3, 2015

30 Day Goth Challenge Days 7-9

Day 7 – Ten of your favourite Goth bands.  

(1) The Sisters Of Mercy
(2) Bauhaus
(3) Blutengel
(4) Siouxsie and The Banshees
(5) The Cure
(6)Sopor Aeternus & The Ensemble of Shadows
(7) Voltaire
(8) The Cruxshadows
(9) Clan of Xymox
(10) Joy Division


source:clanofxymox.com




Day 8 – What’s your worst and best experience with non-Goths? 

I think I covered that a lot here in this blog. I love getting compliments from non-goths about my look or style. I haven't had too many negative experiences with non-goths. A lot of people didn't approve when I came back after I went normal. I often get gawked at and one elderly lady made the sign of the cross while I was at the playground with my son. 


Day 9 – What genre of music do you dislike?

I dislike rap and hip hop. In fact, most popular music they play on the radio annoys the crap out of me. I also dislike country music. Blech! 

Just a quick thanks to Laura Morrigan for featuring this challenge on her blog, Roses and Vellum. I loved reading her posts so much that I wanted to do them too.

12 comments:

  1. ugh I hate hip hop and rap too. except die antwoord. they're awesome. I also really hate too-indie indie music, like dogs barking for a half hour with a gong ringing and whispering. One of the places I worked had a communal radio and one guy always played stuff like that. drove me insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loathe nu-country stuff but I do like Johnny Cash! The nu-country stuff reminds me of the people who bullied me in middle school and high school...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I hear you on the communal radio. Where I used to work, everyone would listen to this popular radio station here in MOntreal. It is so annoying. I knew all the latest pop songs. Hearing a half hour of dogs barking and a gong ringing would also drive me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! I'm not a huge rap fan, especially of the harsher, often wildly misogynistic modern songs, but I think my least favourite mainstream music is modern pop. It usually lacks any substance and far too frequently these days, even skill, and feels like the music equivalent of diet of nothing more than marshmallows (I love 'mallows, don't get me wrong, but they're sweet, airy, and anything but good for you!).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many of your choices are some of my favorite bands, so cheers!
    I haven't listened to Clan of Xymox in years. When I read your post last night, I had to get on Youtube and take a stroll down memory's dark lane. Thanks.
    Not that I'm a goth anymore, but as we get older we stop caring about what other people think of us. It also helps to live in a place you can feel comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Not that I'm a goth anymore, but as we get older we stop caring about what other people think of us" which is exactly why I came back to goth! LOL I am glad you had a trip down memory lane.

      Delete
  6. Yay, great bands! I listen to 8 of those on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Other than Bauhaus, Sopor Aeternus and Voltaire, I haven't listened to any of those other bands, which is a shame - I always like to listen to new things. If internet weren't so slow out here I could You Tube them, but then our gigabyte limit would be used up in a day and I'd be tearing my hair out when we dropped to the slowest download speed possible. Likely not the the kind of CD's I'd ever be able to find at a garage sale out here either. EVERYBODY listens to country music. GAH!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that bites. I hope you can get around to listening to Clan Of Xymox.

      Delete
  8. Xymox <3 - sorry about that lady 'crossing' could have been much worse though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meh, no worries about the lady crossing. It was annoying but you're right, it could of been much worse. Not so much in my neck of the woods but there are people who do get beaten up over the way they look and that is just sad.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...