Friday, March 6, 2015

Trinkets and shiny things

Back when I dressed normal, I was often in a rut. I wore virtually the same outfit ever day just in different colors! It was boring ,bland and depressing. I remember when I was a little gothling teenager and how I had fun experimenting with my style and since coming back to the dark side, I have to admit, there is so much more than just wearing all black. I am still in the process of finding out what looks good on me and for my body type. Let's face it, I no longer have my teenager slender body! I watched the movie Hackers tonight and the actor, Matthew Lillard who plays Cereal Killer in the movie coined it best: "Spandex: It's a privilege, not a right!" Despite some minor pitfalls, I am having fun experimenting!

The other day as I was purchasing more leggings to keep me warm in Montreal's frigid temperatures, I noticed some shiny things hanging there on the rack. I was drawn to it and this necklace caught my eye .Usually, I am not very fond of gold but the trinkets on this necklace appealed to me. I liked the  rhinestone flowers and the little bugs (is it a scarab?) I have no clue what kind of bug it is but I thought they were cute! It was an impulse buy, something I would not normally choose if I had the option of getting one in silver and I don't regret it. It looks great with my work clothes!


I should of probably turned off the flash but look shiny!





please ignore the purple bra straps! I had to do laundry, hahahaha!

I put my Docs on half assed for this photo!

On the topic of shiny things and trinkets, I came across a very cute little news article the other day and I loved it! It is about a little girl who gets gifts from the crows she feeds.If you haven't read it and you like crows, you definitely should, here is the link: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31604026

16 comments:

  1. That necklace is such a terrific find! I love the way it marries sweet with subtly macabre. I have some rhinestone insect brooches (and one bat brooch) that do the same.

    Big hugs & many happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I have been meaning to get a bat brooch! Thank you very much, big hugs bag and have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  2. things that you find while not looking for them usually are the best ^_^ and yes, looks great even though it is gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am easily distracted by shiny stuff too. I have a huge collection of fashion jewelry. And I still buy more. The thrift stores and antique markets are gold mines. You can even find halloween stuff all year there. Cute outfit too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sucks because I have not been fortunate enough to find nice trinkets in thrift stores. I have not been to an antique market in a while.

      Delete
  4. I always used to be a stickler about silver-only but lately I've opened up to gold when it's like this necklace. It works great with your dress which I adore.

    I came across the girl who feeds crows story the other day :D Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've warmed up to gold myself in recent years. looks nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. The necklace is perfect, everyone needs sth so interesting in their life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quirkiness of the bug necklace! Why is it black seems so much more fun to match?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I loved the quirkiness about it too. I agree black is so much more fun to match AND it makes doing laundry easier, lol!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...