Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Online shopping near disaster and an outfit post

Alright dear Darklings, I am going to post about the negative experience I had with regards to ordering a CD from a site called Discogs. It all started after I posted about getting nostalgic over a CD I once owned in my youth called "Music For Vampires". For those interested, you can read the post here.

I knew I could find the CD on Amazon but because I enjoy a bargain and can purchase it used,  I found it at a very reasonable price on Discogs. I figured, what the hell? I will give them a chance.

Discogs works similar to the E-bay platform. There are many different buyers and sellers that use this service to make purchases and sell products.

I am not going to list the name of the seller because I would like to think this is not the seller's fault. I used my Paypal account to pay for this purchase.I listed my home address with Discogs but asked to have the CD shipped to my office via Paypal. I never had an issue doing this before on other sites.

Weeks go by and no news. I check my Discog account and if I could of heard crickets in the background, they would have been there! I send an e-mail message to the seller inquiring about my purchase. The seller responds that he tried to contact me several times via Discogs. I check my messages on the website just in case but nope, nothing there! No e-mail notifications either. I even checked my junk folder just in case.

Apparently, the seller wanted to confirm my address since the one on Discogs was different than the one Iasked to have it shipped to on Paypal, which is fair and appreciated. The downside, I would need to confirm so on Discogs. Why would I use a messaging system that doesn't work?  I know this may sounds a bit suspicious but I am not going to accuse the seller of anything. After all,  the CD was about $10.00 with shipping! I ended up confirming my info via e-mail after bantering back and forth. I guess opening up a Paypal dispute helped sway the decision to do so via email vs Discogs!

A week later, my package arrived!

The CD came in excellent condition and it was really well packaged by the way. The CD itself had no scratches on it and it works well. Would I recommend Discogs to someone else? Not really and if you do decide to use the site to order music, make sure you put the address you want the items shipped to when you register. This will avoid headaches! They really need to improve their website. It is a shame really because it appears to have lots of music on there too. I know in this day and age of MP3 files and I Tunes, CDs are a rarity. I like owning a physical copy of my music, especially when it is from an artist that I love. I guess I can do my part by helping to protect the environment by physically shopping at used CD stores now that the weather is starting to warm up. Granted, if I really wanted to make an impact, I would take public transit to get there!

I got a lot of compliments on this outfit I wore to work the other day. I had this skirt and top for ages too. Why is it the older items we own in our closet get the most compliments or is it just like that with me? My cat, Merry (as in the Hobbit from Lord Of The Rings) was playful too and wanted in on the fun!





13 comments:

  1. kitteh! I like this look on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I remember seeing that post and wanting that compilation!

    Aw, Merry is a cutie! I do like your outfit, but personally I find myself getting frustrated if people compliment an old item too much! I once ended up getting rid of a watch because I got so many compliments about it no one noticed the rest of my outfit, which I put a lot more effort into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I can see where you are coming from with that watch!

      Delete
  3. You look lovely :)

    I'm like you, I like the physicality of a CD, and actually, I still have my full vinyl collection and a turntable in the dining room. Shame you had a poor experience. I'm finding the cost of CDs so expensive, I want a couple of Birthday Massacre cds but have gone pale at the price so I'll probably download them. Mind, now I've worked out how to bluetooth my MP3s to the soundbar on the TV I am much happier as they sound great through it!

    And the puss is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love to own some vinyls and a turntable!

      Delete
  4. Such a cool top! And an unfortunate situation but glad that it's resolved now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooouch, even with 10 bucks it would have been a pain if something went wrong, happy it turned good in the end! and red zebra/tiger print for the win <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like the sound of Discogs.

    The outfit looks good on you, and your kitty is so cute ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Personally, I will never use Discogs again

      Delete
  7. Oh no, that raises some red flags for sure. I'm sorry that you had a less than stellar experience with this site, dear gal.

    Love that top! Tiger-y stripes look fabulous on you!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...